Drake | Teen Ink

Drake

By DyllonC BRONZE, Cheshire, Connecticut
DyllonC BRONZE, Cheshire, Connecticut

"The flap of a butterflies wings can change your tomorrow" - Anonymous

I’m Drake and this is my story.

At day, I’m a crime scene investigator. By night, I’m a government spy in a vampire hive. Now these ain’t your average fairytale vampires. These are the real things. Not human, not dead, not thinking. They’ll go out and do anything for the queen. Her word is rule. Those who get ballsy enough to disobey the queen, those are the ones who I talk to. Well, after the guard has their way with them. See, I’m psychic too. I can talk to ghosts. But only ones who are willing to talk to me. It’s not the most reliable thing ever, but it’s getting better as time progresses.

June 17th, 2012

“Drake! My office. Now.”

I rose from my desk chair, switched off the monitor, and made my way into Chief’s office. I shut the door behind me and took an arm of one of two chairs in front of his desk. “What’s up, Chief?”

He looked up from a file on his desk to face me. In his eyes I saw nothing but regret and fear.

“Drake, you know you’re my most valuable team member. But that’s also why the guys upstairs
need you to do a special job. All I want to say to you is that you better be here bright and early each
morning.” He flipped the file closed and held it out to me, smiling at the joke he knew I didn’t understand
yet.

Walking back to my desk I took a peak at the first page of the file. It was a letter from Sergeant Clairwater, the guy upstairs.

Drake,

I need to see you in my office tonight, 9:00. We have something important to discuss.

Sgt. Clairwater

The next page of the file was a little more interesting. It was a picture of a radically sexy woman, but in a gruesome way. Clad in a tight leather bodice, lips red as blood, with a look of pure malice in her eyes. A woman I knew I was going to have to deal with in some way. I looked at my watch, 7:48. I had over an hour until I had to be upstairs, so I took my coat and keys and headed out to my car. I just drove around aimlessly, stopped for a coffee, and killed time. When I rolled back into the parking garage it was only 8:22, so I sat in my car listening to music. Out of the corner of my eye I thought I saw somebody walk past my car, but when I looked it was empty. Probably another spirit trying to get a grab on my attention. I ignored it for now, I had too much else on my plate. I was insanely curious as to what was so special that it needed my specific attention. I killed the engine of my car and got into the elevator. Dropping off at the 13th floor I walked straight to Clairwater’s office as though I’d done it every day.

Chapter 2 coming soon.

on Aug. 31 2010 at 11:33 pm
Healing_Angel SILVER, Sydney, Other

Live for today, not for tomorrow

WOW!! I WANT TO READ MORE OF THIS!!! The descriptions and detail pulled me in from the 1st sentence. I'm off to read more.