Don't Let Go | Teen Ink

Don't Let Go

By iluvnacho PLATINUM, Somewhere, Colorado
iluvnacho PLATINUM, Somewhere, Colorado

\"Find the beauty in the ugly\"-Jason Mraz 5-19-10
\"Be kinder than nessicary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.\" Unknown 11-29-10

I shoot over, my body padding the hard dirty rock beneath me. I try to stop myself, but right now, I have no control over my body. Suddenly, the sensation of falling overcomes me. I fling my hands up, only to be greeted by another.
I struggle to look up, seeing Nella's dirty face steaked with tears.
"Don't let go," I whisper, tightly gripping Nella's palm. I try not to look down, but that doesn't help. I know I'm dangling a thousand feet in the air, the only thing worth waiting for is a drop to death.
I feel myself slipping, then clutch Nella's hand for life. What can I do to save myself? Try to swing to get ahold of the rocky cliffside with one of my feet? And risk letting go of Nella's hand? No. All I can do is wait, wait for Nella to pull me up. The tears begin to come, now meaningless.
"Please, don't let go," I beg to Nella, the tears strolling down my cheeks. Her face mirrors my own.
"I'm sorry, Delilah," She apologises, my fingers only a few milimeters away from breaking contact with her. Gently, Nella lets go.
I forget to scream as I'm falling into the blackness.

I was listening to Airplanes by B. O. B ft Hayley Williams and it popped into my head.

HeatherBee BRONZE, I Live In, Texas

Go on and try to tear me down. I will be rising from the ground, like a skyscraper

Love is louder than the pressure to be perfect

oh my gosh... well that story was very  suspenseful. :) awesomee

n thanks fer commenting my pic ^^