Amour.

He is like a firefly in the night, dancing intricate patterns across the silhouettes my mind occasionally and inadvertently weaves out of spite. Making the silk moonlight seem dim, he is a nightlight tearing up my marred perception of reality. Forlorn silences are shattered one by one by the strangled yet eloquent truths he utters — there is a daybreak, a deep rumbling in my heart that makes me tremble slightly, even to this day. Weary with curiosity and a strange yearning, I emerge from the rubble, no longer guarded. The four walls - that fickle castle and throne I’d surrounded myself with - lay in ruins, pointed shards and home to lurking creatures. But now, he is my protection. Oh, how he has abruptly dismembered my wicked world.

mudpuppy said...
Wow. It's like whoever she's talking about pulled at her soft, sensitive side, leaving her afraid and confuse. Of course, I'm just taking a guess at the theme here. :) This is sweet, yet slightly dark. Brilliant.

digimac22 said...
Jul. 15, 2010 at 7:36 am
This is so good! I loved it! Write more! YOur vocabulary and descriptions brought the piece to life. Could you take a look at my work please? Some are short like this piece and I don't know if I should try to start making them longer...?