Intro to The Chronicles Of Serenity and Saber | Teen Ink

Intro to The Chronicles Of Serenity and Saber

By thfitz2416 GOLD, Pullman, Michigan
thfitz2416 GOLD, Pullman, Michigan

As a car sped down the highway, a girl named Serenity stared out the truck window into the darkness of the night. The girl was me. I was moving, again for what seemed like the millionth time, maybe it was. It was hard to keep track of how many times I'd moved. Sighing, I closed my eyes for a split second, I was tired of watching the endless wheat field we were driving by. When I opened my eyes that's when it appeared. The shape against the darkness running twenty yards away. I could barely make out what it was but I knew as soon as I seen it. It was the reason I had to move so much. I almost cried when I seen it because I knew there was no way of escaping it, but I had hoped.
It was a Watcher. You're probably wondering what a Watcher is. Well I'll tell you. A Watcher is a mystical creature that many people believe to be a fantasy or not real. They are an army of things like Werewolves, Vampires, Wendigos and many more. They used to be huge in numbers, but over the years they have lessened. Now they are trying to build back up their army and destroy human kind. There are certain people that the Watchers want (like me and my brother) we are said to be special, they want us to help dominate human kind and take over the World. But in order to do so we have to become Watchers ourselves.
The Watchers wont come out yet, for they are waiting for the right time and when they have the right amount of people to come out and fight.
To describe a Watcher is to much and I'm not supposed to say anything, but I will tell you one thing, Watchers have Emerald green eyes and usually only brown or black hair. Only on rare occassions do they have blonde or red. But that is just to warn you.

The Watcher turned its head and stared at me, almost as if to say I couldn't hide. It looked as if it were grinning. Slowly it came to a hault, lifted its head, and howled a long earsplitting howl. Rolling up my window, I shook in fear. Turning to my brother I saw fear in his eyes. He had seen it too...
TO BE CONTINUED

I've been working on this writing since fifth grade. I keep improving it but its still kinda patchy... Tell me what you think of this small preview of one of the chapters.

thfitz2416 GOLD, Pullman, Michigan
I'll be submitting bits and pieces of it until its finished...

rubix said...
I loved the beginning, where's the rest of it? You say you've been writing since 5th grade. I think it's honestly fine...

kittypryde BRONZE, Alberta, Other

Do what ya gotta, work, pay the rent, grade papers, dont forget to live, breath slow and write. ( i think i just made that quote up....oh well, it's a quote right?)

whoa. i really need you to write more, this was awsome!! i need to find out what happens to the girl!!