Angelic Love | Teen Ink

Angelic Love

April 29, 2010
By The_who0 BRONZE, El Paso, Texas
The_who0 BRONZE, El Paso, Texas
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"To see the rainbow, you have to face the rain first"


Chapter 1

I was aware in some part of my subconscious that I was dreaming. I was walking around a park at night, alone. The park was completely deserted, and I had no idea why I was the only one there. As I was walking, small strands of different colors of light appeared close to a tree. I got closer and stopped trying to see what they were. I don’t know exactly how I knew but I instantly knew it was fire, different colors of fire dancing around someone. This person was leaning against the tree playing with the fire. Her-yes, it was a she- fingers went everywhere the fire was. Then I realized the fire was on the tip her fingers, and when she moved them the fire moved, too.

“Hello,” I called out. She looked at me with silver eyes. The moon, suddenly, came out of its hiding place lighting the girls face. She was beautiful but her eyes seemed evil. She smiled at me and started walking towards me. I was unable to move forward so I just waited for her to get closer. Her lips were blood red and her skin was white as paper.

“Oliver…” she purred. “It’s a pleasure to see you again.”

“…Er- we’ve met before?” I asked her. I was whispering but the air carried my voice making it seem like I had spoken loud and clear.

“Of course we have,” she said offended, “don’t you remember those wild times we had?” As she said this she’d leaned closer to my face. Her lips were almost touching mine and I could feel her cool breath on my tongue. Her hand touched my skin and it felt warm. The warmth got a bit uncomfortable after a bit and I realized the fire was touching my face. I tried to move, but I couldn’t. Instead I leaned in to her and kissed her.

Move; it’s burning you! I thought over and over, until the heat became painful. I woke with a start, my face and my lips burning; both from different reasons.

My alarm clock was on and I turned it off and got up from bed reluctantly.

“Oliver, we’re going to be late for school,” my sister came in and gave me the “ugh” face. She rolled her eyes and left. I yawned but got ready quickly.



“I’ll see ya later, bro,” my sister called back to me as I was walking to the band room. She had finished locking the car and I had started to make my way towards the band building. I nodded to her and walked towards Chris.

“Hey, bro,” he said imitating my sister. I chuckled.

“Hey, Chris,” I said rolling my eyes.

“Gosh, man, she’s a lot like you and you’re so much like her, it’s annoying,” he whined. I laughed out loud now, relaxing a bit. My dream had still been hunting me and the fact that I actually had five burned dots in my cheeks where the fire touched me disturbed me a lot more.

“Hey, what happened to your face,” Ellie asked.

“Oh, umm, I’m not sure,” I said rubbing my cheek. She touched them with the tip of her fingers and I felt butterflies in my stomach.

“It looks like… like you burned little dots…” she trailed off seeming to recognize it but changing her mind probably because she turned around and changed the subject. I was glad they changed the subject, but her reaction made me uneasy.

I got to English and waited to see what Laura would say about my new, ugly haircut, but she didn’t even look at me. I felt a bit disappointed but glad at the same time. At least she didn’t pity me or internally laugh at me.

When the class ended I rushed outside and went to the band room to get my trumpet. I didn’t want to go to Mariachi, I couldn’t even pronounce it right, but Isa was there and she’d make me feel better; she always did. Isa was my friend since the beginning of the year when I met her in that class. She was a freshman though and I a sophomore, thus we didn’t have other classes together. Our relationship was basic; we were friends that needed each other to survive high school and everyone thought we were in some kind of romantic relationship. I don’t think I wanted that but some part of me desired her love and warmth.

I walked into the hall whistling Dear Agony by Breaking Benjamin. I was sure she’d recognize it and start singing with my melody. She usually did it. Not today, she started passed me with watery eyes and trembling.

Isa…. I thought with despair. I stared passed her not wanting her to notice I was worried… again.

I walked towards class and looked at Mrs. Reyes puzzled. She was staring at the door bewildered.

“Er, Mrs. Reyes?” I asked.

“Yes, Oliver,” she answered hesitating.

“Do you know why Isa…” I trailed off.

“No, she didn’t talk at all,” she answered looking at me like she suddenly had an idea. “Actually, would you mind going to talk to her?”

“Not at all,” I answered. I walked to the hall with my stuff, too worried to remember leaving them in the classroom.

“Isa,” I called. She stopped and turned to look at me. She still had her backpack, too and her violin.

“Ole…” she mumbled and turned forward. She started walking again and opened the staircase room. I followed her, somehow knowing it was what I had to do. I grabbed the door before it closed behind her. She was already at the top of the stairs staring down at me. I froze.

“Ole, I’m sorry,” she mumbled.

“Why?” I asked,” What’s wrong? What did you do?”

“Our time is finishing, we have to leave,” she said a bit louder.

“What are you talking about?” I asked puzzled.

“Well, first things first,” she said and lifted her hand. White light flashed from her hand and it hit the door. “Ole, I’m an Angel,” she said with such joy and hatred it was a bit funny.

“Angel?” I was confused. “What’s got into you? Isa, you can’t say that. Angels are sacred or well… not you.” She smiled but the smile was off. She had been offended.

“Yeah, I knew you wouldn’t believe me,” she said. Air started to spin around her and white stuff started circling her. I lost sight of her for a few moments and paid attention to what surrounded her. There were… feathers in the circle also and a lot of light. Then the circle began to grow thin. I was expecting to see her pretty face and chubby body but it wasn’t that that I saw. Instead, her head was about one and a half head shorter than before making her about 5’2. Her body was perfectly thin and well formed while her skin was like gold. She still had her clothes but they were way too big for her now. However, the thing that bewildered me the most was the beautiful wings that prove her right; white feathers that looked so comfortable and thick and just so beautiful.

“Wings…” I mumbled unable to say anything else.

“Yes, wings,” she said holding back laughter. She looked so adorable.

“What about the halo?” I blurted out.

“Right, I am an Earth Angel,” she said, “I don’t exactly have a halo on Earth it’s just when I’m home.”

“But…” so many questions on my head… I didn’t know where or how to start.

“I promise I’ll answer all those questions sometime but we have to go,” she said.

“Go where?” I asked. She started walking up the other set of stairs and I followed out of sheer reflexes.

“When we leave, I’ll tell you,” she said. We were in the 2nd floor and she stopped at the end of the hall. She stopped with a puzzled expression like if she didn’t know where we were. Maybe she really didn’t know where we were.

“We need to go to class,” I said grabbing her hand and pulling her towards me. She tripped-which was, by the way, adorable- and bumped into me. She was so small compared to me it was hilarious.

“Oh, sorry,” she said looking into my eyes a bit… dazzled? She pulled away and shook her head. She decided which way to go and started walking towards some stairs.

“Are we going back to class?” I asked wondering why we’d taken another stairs.

“No, we’re ditching,” she said coolly.

“What?” she was kidding right?

“I’m not kidding we need to go,” she said.

“We cannot ditch, Isa, I have a perfect record here, you know. I will not go with you. Are you crazy? I mean shouldn’t you have warned me before? You just came and told me without any precautions or something. Oh, and they saw us, don’t you think it’s a bit weird to disappear? They know we’re together…” I kept babbling about how they were going to catch us and that it was wrong that we ditched but I still kept walking behind her.

Stop, now, Oliver, I thought once I realized that I couldn’t stop, or did I want to stop? Okay, I didn’t, but really I could if I wanted to right?

“You’re right darling,” Angela said. She walked up to me and grabbed my hand looking concerned into my eyes, “we ought to give you a severe punishment.” I looked up and saw a security guard.

Screwed, I thought.

“Pessimist, follow along,” she whispered.

“Ma’am, can I help you with something?” the guy said. He looked at our backpacks and our instruments.

“Oh, no thank you, sir, our car is just right there,” she pointed at a white Mustang with pitch black windows. He smiled and bowed a bit, then left.

“Huh?” dumbfounded I asked.

“Magic trick,” she said starting to walk again; she didn’t let go of my hand until we got to the car.

“It’s open,” she said walking over to the other side of the car. I got in and buckled up but it was only when she started the car on did I remember, she is a freshmen.

“You don’t know how to drive,” I said feeling worried suddenly.

“Yes, I do, or would I have a car parked here?” she asked. She was making a turn in a much crowed street perfectly. She was very good at driving wasn’t she?

“Scary,” I mumbled.

“Sorry,” she said looking a bit frustrated.

“Where are we going by the way?” I asked.

“First to my house, “

“Then…?”

“I… I’m sorry I can’t tell you yet,”

“Why not?” I asked, “Can you not trust me?

“Hmmm… no, it’s not that it’s…” she was struggling with words, “I don’t know if you’ll stay and I’m afraid you’ll leave me. I… well, see, I am an angel, yes, but I am also a demon. My mother was nephilim and was sent to Earth in a similar mission. She didn’t know it but the demon was also human/demon which was very different from his kind. They feel in love and my mother was…tricked… into having sex with him. Then she figured what he was, but she was already pregnant with me.

“It’s really hard being half demon in Paradise, you know. Everyone’s supposed to be nice and stuff but it’s not so when there is something or someone different than them. If I fail I’ll just prove I’m not worth being kept and well, it’ll be worse for me. I know it sounds selfish, but I really want them to be proud of me and not all freaked out. I won’t force you to stay, though,” we parked in front of a house,” we’re or well, I am going to New York.”

“We live in Los Angeles, it’s going to be a long trip,” I said slowly, “how much time do we have?”

“I don’t know the demon is getting closer but I don’t know when exactly it’s coming,” she said looking a bit startled. She got off the car and I followed. We walked towards the house and she got out the keys to open the front door.

“Hey, you know, I was just remembering Chris and Ellie never talk about you as a human,” I said walking inside the house. She was an only child and you could tell that everywhere in the house. I looked at her and she had a frown on her face.

“They aren’t either,” she said walking to the end of the hallway and walked into the room. I walked right behind her and sat on the edge of her bed. She was taking our a lot of clothes from the closet but they probably wouldn’t fit her… would she change again? Then I looked at the wall but there was no wall or well it was made of glass.

“Have you ever seen Hannah Montana?” she asked sliding the glass wall open. “I got this idea from her; I needed to keep my stuff for my body when this time came.”

I walked with her inside of this purple room with a shit load of stuff. You could live here for four months at least and you would have enough everything.

“Chris and Ellie aren’t human?” I blurted out. She looked at me and then went to get some bag.

“No, they are brothers in the other world. Children of the King and Queen, of Paradise,” she said.

“King and Queen?” could that be possible?

“Yeah, we have a special city in which we have King and Queen, they are just like… to protect Paradise from disaster but we still just adore our one and only God. Ellie and Chris are their children who came here to “check” on me,” she said really annoyed.

“But they look very different; I mean one is Mexican the other one is… White,” I said.

“Morenito y blanco,” she said in Spanish I was smart enough to understand dark and white. “Darkness and light, that’s why they look and act so different, Ellie is-“

“Light and Chris is dark,” I mumbled. They were always so close to each other but at the same time they were so different. Chris always had this special dark energy around him always the dark colors and when Ellie walked into a room it felt as if she’d turn on a very bright light. Having them together in a room was pleasant, though, for some reason.

“You would think so right?” she said chuckling to herself, “but you are wrong. Ellie feels bright because of her human aura but haven’t you ever noticed how Ellie is quiet and passionate about everything she does especially when she makes out with someone. However, Chris even if he has a lot of problems here and is depressed he’ll always makes you feel better and when ever he touches a girl with his special power he’ll make her feel there is nothing else in this world but him and a bright darkness.”

“That is very complex, I don’t think I’ll remember that,” I said. Then I remember she had been crying earlier today. “Hey, why were you crying?”


“Ellie,” she said with dark humor covering her face.

“What did she do?” I asked. She hesitated.

“Those marks you have on your cheeks…,” she said stopping what she was doing and walking towards me. She kept staring at my cheeks and her eyes filled with hatred. She touched my cheek with her hand and I shivered; her hand was dead cold. She flinched and closed her eyes removing her hand from my face. “They are the result of my stupidity.”

“How can that be, it was a dream,” I said touching my cheek.


“What did she look like?” she asked looking down.

“She had silver eyes and blood red lips. Her hair was very long and… well… she was beautiful,” I said remember how the moon had shone lighting up her eyes and making her look even more white.

“She…” Isa was struggling a lot, “if I had told you before, you couldn’t have been hurt, you’d be a lot stronger by this point and she would’ve never found the opening to your head.”

“She said she’d been with me before,” I mumbled.

“She has been with you before, or at least with some part of you,” she said.

“How?”

“You are… or rather have the soul of a demon that never acted like a demon except when she was with her,” she said, “her name is Angela, ironic, isn’t it?”

“You mean I am a demon?” I said stunned. She shook her head and looked at me.

“I’ll explain later, we need to live,” she said swing a really heavy looking backpack which happened to be taller than her over her shoulder. She walked of the room and stopped in front of her bed.

“Hey, take this to the car and put it in the back seat, it’ll adjust,” she looked at me and then stared down at her bed, “I have to do something before I leave. Here, use this to open it,” she handed me some really strange keys and pointed at a red button. I nodded and took the bag which was surprisingly light. She walked back inside her room and I walked outside to the car.

I hadn’t felt anything good coming from her and that worried me. What was she up to? I got to the car and opened it. The bag was way longer than the car and I wondered how that would fit. However, it went in perfectly and it even looked smaller. I stared at it and shook my head. Things with her would never stop surprising me would they? I got into the car and stared out the window.

After a while she came outside and got into the car. She didn’t speak she just looked at the wheel for five seconds and turned the car on. I still didn’t know how this was going to be and my fear got that much worse as we left LA behind with all out friends and my family. This was going to be a pretty weird trip if you could call it that.


The author's comments:
Ehemmm...
Well, I've been really into angels and people write a lot of strories so I decided I'd give it a try(:
Here it is, hope you like it.