Superpowers

By , North Tonawanda, NY
When he was just a small boy, he had fallen on a stack of papers, getting paper cuts everywhere. The pain was terrible, he cried for the whole day, and most of the night. Bug after they healed, he found that he could do something very odd...
He could now produce paper whenever, wherever it was needed. Is that printer out of paper? Here's a whole stack for you.
Superpowers are pretty cool, but his was pretty lame. No one even believed him when he told them where all of the paper came from.
Even if he could call upon something more useful, like blanket production; then he could give everyone a blanket and homeless people wouldn't be cold anymore.
But no, he got landed with the lame superpower, paper-making. If he went into that as a career, he'd revolutionize the whole industry, because no trees would have to be cut down anymore, and so on.
Still... who wants to be a paper pusher for the rest of their life? No one! Lame!

flyweel said...
Did this happen to you??? This is really funny!

Kelseyc This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 16, 2010 at 11:59 am
... No... It's fiction, and last I looked, superpowers weren't real... :D but thanks, haha!