A Werewolf's Secret | Teen Ink

A Werewolf's Secret

By Twilightchick BRONZE, Amarillo, Texas
Twilightchick BRONZE, Amarillo, Texas

"How can someone so tiny be so annoying?'

As the wind howled and the autumn leaves crunched under her feet, Rebecca wondered why she had kept his secret. It wasn’t because he’d paid her and it certainly wasn’t because he’d threatened her. Deep down in her heart Rebecca knew she had promised to keep his secret because she loved him. It wasn’t the giggly screaming every time he came within two feet of her love. No, that was the love that most girls felt. Rebecca however wasn’t like most girls.

Suddenly she was pulled out of her thoughts by a low guttural growl right by her ear. She screamed as her books went flying to the sidewalk. “Oh God, Becca, I’m so sorry,” he said as she broke into breathless little sobs. “Hey look I forgot you weren’t used to my awesome new abilities yet.” His name was Stark Washington and he was the cutest boy she’d ever met. Staring up at him she could see his short, black hair in its usual disarray, his soft brown eyes, and his gleaming smile that was now pulled into a frown. “Well that just proves that I’m a monster,” Stark exclaimed looking sadder by the moment. Rebecca realized she must have still looked scared so she pulled herself together and rolled her eyes. They’d been having this argument ever since she’d found out he was a werewolf four months ago. “Please, she said “you’re not a monster I won’t let you become one.” “But…….,” he started but Rebecca put a hand up to stop him. “Just shut up, please.” As they stood there silently fuming at each other she thought about how she’d tell him. “Look, Stark, she began, “I love and werewolf or not that’s never going to change.” Stark looked taken aback for a moment, but then he broke into his breathtakingly beautiful smile. “I love you too, Bec,” he replied. Their argument ended right there. It was a dream come true.

Umm I wrote this piece because I love Jacob off of New Moon and I wanted to write kind of a tribute to him.

bayleem GOLD said...
on Mar. 24 2010 at 6:59 am
bayleem GOLD, Yarmouth, Maine

"Best Friends are like bras: close to your heart and there for support.”

wow that was awesome ur gammer needs a bit of wrk ( i'm not rly one to judge) and i cnt wait for part 2! (if there is one?) btw i submitted pat 2 & 3 of the escape so it shud be up soon !