Needing a Home | Teen Ink

Needing a Home

By meganflutefire BRONZE, Roanoke, Virginia
meganflutefire BRONZE, Roanoke, Virginia

As Megan lead her family along they stumbled upon what they had been looking for, Queen Bitterblue`s camp site. Nash, Brigan, Garan, Clara, Fire, and Megan were all relieved to have found the camp site, for it was almost sunset. Their mission was to travel over the Great Grays and find Queen Bitterblue, and then escort her back to King`s City in the Dells. Megan who is Brigan`s half sister making her part of the large family, was separated from her family when she was young. She had only a few times, seen her late half brother Archer. She had some how made it to Monsea and to Bitterblue City and was taken in and cared for. She is now 14 and as wild and free spirited as ever, for she had raised her self. She became friends with Queen Bitterblue and did some spy work and scouting, on occasion, she hunted. She was skilled with a sword and hunting knives like Brigan, and skilled with a longbow and shortbow like Archer. At this time, she had been scouting while escorting Bitterblue to the Dells and was separated from the group.
That is when she met her family. When they arrived at the camp, they came to find that Bitterblue had been kidnapped by King Randa, and that Prince Po and Princess Katsa were on their way. Prince Po, Princess Katsa, and Princess Fire were all graced. Po with mind control, he had gold and silver eyes. Katsa withfighting/surviving and blue and green eyes. Fire with mind control and green and blue eyes. Megan was also graced but her eyes constantly change color making her one of the rarest gracelings ever, she had all the graces that ever existed but hers weren`t has powerful as those who only had one grace. Megan`s soon to be husband Rodger arrives with Po and Katsa. Megan decided to take a ride on her horse Ty with her dog Rain following, as the others came up with a plan, for she didn`t want to hear the argueing. When she came back the camp site was destroyed, there was a note that said everyone at the campsite had been captured by King Randa, he had sent such a large army that they couldn`t defend themselves. Megan rode straight to King Randa`s court and walked into the Great Hall where Randa was waiting. He had gaged and cuffed everyone including his son Prince Raffin to make sure Megan didn`t get away alive. As she walked in there were graced archers with noched arrows aimed for her head. The walls and doors were lined and guarded by and army. She walked up to Randa and he told her to stand down, and to lay her weapons on the floor. But she was not going to let her friends and family be killed. She refused, an arrow hit her leg, every time Randa restated the question she refused, for each refusal she was shot by another arrow. But she would never bow before this King. She backed away and the army attacked her, Fire had managed to take the mind of a guard and got everyone untied. But by then over half the army laid dead or wounded by Megan`s knifes. Raffin killed Randa, while the others went over to Megan who was laying on the floor in a puddle of blood. She had a total of 14 arrows in her, 2 in
each leg, arm, and side, and 2 in the stomach. She had fallen unconcious. Raffin called off the rest of the guards and helped them get a wagon to take everyone back to the Dells in. When Megan woke up the was laying on her back in her bed at home, looking up at the face of her father Brocker. The healers hadn`t yet pulled all the arrows yet, they still needed to pull the ones in her stomach. They hadn`t pulled them yet because they were afraid her not breathing when they were pulled, if she was awake they wouldn`t have to worry about it. Fire came in with the healers to us her mind to ease the great pain Megan would soon be feeling. They pulled both arrows and binded the wounds. Megan had finally found her family and has an odd story to tell of how it all happened.

I finished reading the book Fire for the third time today and started reading Graceling a second time. I loved the books so much I really wanted to continue the story. This isn`t the whole story just how Megan came into the picture.

There are some parts that go by slowly because of detail, but the details help form a better picture in your mind.

DiamondsIntheGrass GOLD, Martinsville, New Jersey

Worry is simply a misuse of the imagination.

really? i just finished fire and i personally thought that it was to... loopy.  too many details that arent essential to the main story.  and leck didnt fit in well with the story. 

Fire in my opinion is better than Graceling. The first chapter tells of Leck`s birth and childhood. The rest of the book is about Fire and Leck appears again later in the story. Fire takes place about 30 years before Graceling does, providing a back-story for Leck.

on Aug. 23 2010 at 10:51 am

i dont recall that po had mind control, but unparallelled sense of... sense. hey, was fire good? i loved graceling, but i heard fire didnt have katsa or po, so i didnt read it.

KateLynnLeigh BRONZE, Farmersburg, Indiana

"The only way to get to the top is to get off your bottom."

That was excellent!!!!!