Lies: Part 1 | Teen Ink

Lies: Part 1

By love96 BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
love96 BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan

His piercing eyes looked directly at me through my bedroom window. His big, blue, daggering eyes made me feel frightened, uncomfortable, like a lost child trying to find its way back home. What did he want from me? This was the third time this week he has appeared outside my window. He would just stand there and observe my every movement. Sometimes just sometimes, I’d hear him murmur my name: “Elizabeth Gray Renolds come to me,” he’d whisper. Every time he spoke my name, goose bumps rose up in my arms and a shiver trickled down my spine. Who was he? What did he want from me? I got up from my bed and walked toward my window; I touched the glass barely.

“Who are you?” I mumbled.

“My, oh my, you don’t remember me, Lizzie?” he responded. I opened my mouth in disbelief. The only two people who had ever called me Lizzie were my brother and father, but father had stopped calling me that after Jonny, my brother had been taken. I looked back up at him about to question him for calling me that. As I was about to say something, he just smirked at me and then he was gone. It was crazy, impossible; he had disappeared in a blink of an eye. I returned to my bed laying awake, unable to fall asleep. There were so many questions throbbing in my head. Why had he called me Lizzie? Why was he watching me? But, most importantly, what was I going to do about it?

The next morning everything seemed to be normal. “Good morning sweetie, how’d you sleep last night?” my father asked me, then kissed my on the forehead.

“Fine,” I replied. I couldn’t tell him about the guy they would probably just say I’m imagining it with the end of the school year coming up and everything.

“Well, have a good day at school,” he said, taking the last bite from his pancake.

“Ok, thanks, have a good day at work.”

School was something I enjoyed. I was pretty, popular and a shoe in to win homecoming queen. The only thing I was missing was thee boyfriend. I’ve had many in the past but never the one I wanted. Nick Everwood, the most handsome guy at school. All the girls drooled over him; I mean why blame them he was smart, athletic, adorable and well, for me he was the sweetest guy ever. Nick and I talked, hung out and even flirted a lot, but I guess it wasn’t enough for him. Just as I was thinking this, he walked over to me.

“Hey you, me, movies and popcorn tomorrow night?” he asked with a smile on his face.

“Um, yeah sure what are we seeing?” I inquired.

“Revenge of the Invaders, but hey I got to go before I’m late for class, so I’ll talk to you later. Oh and by the way you look really beautiful today,” he says to me, his gorgeous hazel eyes looking steadily at me.

“Thanks,” I said, “you too.” He smiles at me then leaves. I couldn’t help the uneasy feeling I got whenever he was around me. The littlest thing he said or did made my heart flutter like crazy. I was so excited for tomorrow night. I could
feel something big was going to happen. I found myself smiling all the way to my first hour class, which I was already tardy for.

The day seemed to go by very fast. I would either daydream about tomorrow with Nick or think about the guy at my window. I tried my hardest to forget about the creeper watching me, but for some reason the thoughts of him stayed with me. I never knew when he was coming; it could be today, tomorrow or even next week. Just the thought though was unbearable.

Before I knew it, I was already home. I sat on my kitchen counter trying to put the finishing touches on my science project. It was already eleven o’clock and I was exhausted. I wondered, would he come today? Would something different happen? Well, I knew one thing for sure and that was, that I wasn’t putting up with this for any longer, this was going to stop before it drove me insane.
I walked slowly up to my bedroom, knowing that on the other side of my window he’d be there waiting for me. I carefully turned the door knob, walked in my room, looked out my window and I had been wrong-he wasn’t there. I sighed heavily in relief. I could sleep tonight, actually sleep without the fear of someone lurking around unless maybe…wait no, he wouldn’t do that. Would he? I quickly thought of something else trying to forget the horrid thought I had just been thinking of. I lay in my bed this time, closed my eyes and quickly fell into deep sleep.

“Jonny, where are you taking me?” I asked my brother.

“Come on Lizzie we have to go before they get you, too,” he said hurriedly in panic.

“Get me? Who wants to get me? Jonny, what’s going on? I don’t understand what happened to you?

“No time to explain but we have to get out of here, RUN!

“Jonny please explain to me where are we? What’s going on?” I pleaded, getting more scared by the second.

“Lizzie they want you, your what they’ve been looking for all along, you’re the cure, you’re the cure, Lizzie.”

“What are you talking about? The cure to what? Who is they? I’m scared Jonny real scared,” I said almost inaudibly. Tear drops were dropping from my face and even a few sobs came out. Why me? Why now?

“I know you’re scared Lizzie, but right now what’s most important is that you get out of here fast and safely, but just in case we both don’t get out in time, I want you to know that I love you and you’re the best sister anyone could have ever asked for. I love you Lizzie, so much. Don’t you ever forget that,” Jonny said to me, I had never heard him say he loved me before, tears came down faster than ever before now.

“I love you too but…”

“Look what we got here. Jonny, were you trying to escape? You know what we do to troubled kids, don’t you?” It was him, the guy at my window. He took out a sharp knife from his pocket and sliced it across Jonny’s neck. I screamed in terror.

“What have you done? No! No! No! Jonny no! How could you, you...you monster.” Tears came uncontrollably now. I couldn’t stop. It was as if a knife had been stabbed in my heart. Then I saw him coming toward me. I got up as fast as I could and ran faster than ever before. I was out of breath fast but I didn’t stop I had to keep going, but he came too rapidly. He grabbed me by the arm and shoved me across the floor.

“And you’re next,” he hissed at me and he began walking toward me the knife still in his hands.

“No, no, no! Please don’t do this!” I sobbed, but he came closer and closer till’ everything turned black.

JHale_44 GOLD said...
on Jan. 7 2010 at 6:09 pm
JHale_44 GOLD, Roseville, Michigan

"Love is a mystery, and a lot of mysteries dont get sloved."

- Ivory Tears

Thats really good. I didnt comment on your other parts but there good to. Many for could vote some of my stuff. Thnx!