flames dance | Teen Ink

flames dance

By freedombird GOLD, Staten Island, New York
freedombird GOLD, Staten Island, New York

your favorite color is the one that looks best on you

I sat around a small circle of people. All eyes on me. "It's not anyone else's fault but mine." i started to say. The group of people seemed to move closer in curiosity. "I didn't mean to make that fire happen..." i continued. I flushed bright red. "I got angry and it just... happened." I finished. The counseler sat up. "What happened?" she asked sweetly. I stared at the floor in despite of telling this tale. "The fire...the fire happened." I answered quietly.the couseler shook her head. "no, i mean the fire, how did it happen?" she asked. I started to get annoyed. "my mind...it must have taken up my anger in a big ball or something..." i answered. I shook my head in annoyance. "Can I just leave?!" i yelled. The group backed off at my sudden outburst. I stopped short as i headed towards the door. My cheeks grew hot and tears of anger slipped off the tip of my nose. A soft hand touched my shoulder. " Charity, just calm down...we can ask these people to leave and we can just talk alone." the counseler offered. I spun around angrily. "NO!" i yelled. Then i stopped short. My breaths got thicker and warmer. A burning pain shot through my scrawny arms. I stumbled to the ground. Tears ran dowm my now steaming cheeks.I managed to pull my hand towards my face. I gasped as a small flame began to shoot out of my fingertips. "oh no it's happening again!" i thought worringly."Charity, just calmdown!" the counseler screamed. The other members of the group had made their way towards the far end corner of the big gymnasium. their expressions full of fear and terror. "MAKE IT STOP!!!!" i yelled in pain. The tears started to evaporate before they reached the bottom of my face.the flames that shot out of my fingertips had grew larger. The wood floor around me had began to turn black from being burned. The counseler grasped my arm. She shreiked in horror and tore away her grip. Her skin had been burnt to the third degree. " I'M SORRY!" I cried. I closed my eyes. "make it stop,make it stop." i chanted as i held my head tight. I thought of happy moments to calm me down. My body started to cool down. I opened my eyes as i noticed i was dripping with water. I shivered at the sudden change in tempature.One of the group members had splashed a pail of iced water on my body. "I'm so sorry." i sniffled. Tears strolled down my cheeks. The member with the pail embraced me. I held onto him tight in terror."Your alright..." he said in a soothing voice.I hugged him tight dispite the fact that i had no idea who he was. I had never been so scare din my life. I had already caused enough pain and i wouldnt want to have coused more. thankfully the counseler didnt die from a minor hand burn and nobody else was hurt.i guess i need to learn how to control my anger and just need to cool off. "cant cause anymore pain now..." i thought to myself.

on Dec. 18 2010 at 12:41 pm
Shrien PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York

"When one door closes, another one opens"

I <3 that one! (:

on Jan. 3 2010 at 12:55 pm

thats the problem! i dont know what to write ir how to continue this!

erika4964 said...
on Dec. 6 2009 at 3:49 am
This is so good. Please wright more i want to find out what is happening and who the member was.