Reveal Part 2 | Teen Ink

Reveal Part 2

October 9, 2009
By K-T<3 GOLD, Super Land...?, California
K-T<3 GOLD, Super Land...?, California
13 articles 3 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Freedom is Chaos, just with better lighting."


She motioned for him to take her hand, he did so. The girl began to lead him into a darker fog. Yet another clearing presented itself. This time of a school hallway. A girl waltzed the corridor, pushing others against the windows and walls to make her path. The girl had only a nose on her face.

The girl with no face whatsoever pointed to the girl with only a nose.

“What do I need to do?”

She placed her hands on the man's jackets and pulled him towards her and pointed at the girl in the corridor.

“Uh...okay. Got it.” He cautiously walked into the corridor. The girl with only a nose motioned as if she was saying a rude phrase but nothing came out. “So annoying!” He threw her out of the scene onto the fog. The girl with no face and the girl with only a nose fused together.

They continued deeper into the darkening fog. A figure was appearing walking towards them, another girl with eyes. The man and her locked eye contact. She stopped, almost falling, and turned around.

“Hey! Wait!” He grabbed the girl with only a nose's hand and began to run after the girl with only eyes.

Both became exhausted and the girl with only eyes stopped. They proceeded closer to her.

“Can I have those?” He pointed to her eyes.

She nodded and gently fused together with the girl with only a nose. To become a girl with no mouth.

“One more right?”

The girl shook her head.

“Don't we just need the mouth and then I can leave?”

She shook her head again and took his hand. Leading him darker into the fog. Now a set of a small home appeared in the dark fog. It didn't appear as the others did. The feeling here was of cold hatred. It showed a teenage girl and a middle-aged woman holding a beer bottle. The old woman seemed to be passed out of half-awake on the floor. The teenage girl appeared to be screaming at the woman. Her voice was muffled and quiet, but her face was tense and pink. Not the usual porcelain.

“Her?”

The girl without a mouth nodded.

The man walked into the scene catching the attention of both of the people, it became silent.

“I need you to come with me.” He told the girl, giving her his hand.

She rudely pushed it away, “I don't need you or any other man to take care of me!” Her brown curls flung around as she lashed her hand in the direction of him and the old woman.

“I can help you.”

“You? You can help me? Get the hell out of my house. I wont just kill my mother I'll kill you to.” her voice became malevolent with each threat spewed.

“You don't need to do that.” he begged her.

“Yeah, I kinda do. You don't know what kind of hell hole this place is. Try living here with this drunk!” she screamed, using her mouth in full blast.

The girl with no mouth walked onto the set.

“What do you want?” she said. Her fists balled up.

The girl with no mouth hugged the girl with only a mouth. They both fell onto the floor and the girl with only a mouth burst into tears. The tears came out of the girl with no mouth's eyes, but the breaths were taken by with the girl with only a mouth. The man comforted them with a small embrace.

The fused together and the girl had a complete face.

“I can leave now right?” the man asked.

“Nope,” she replied.

“Why not?!”

“You still haven't found my heart,” she placed her hand on her heart.

The man's hands tightened, and his body began to heat up, “Well...where is it!”

“Calm down, we just have to retrace our steps to the first scene.” Her eyes devoid of emotions stared forward.

“To the playground?”

“Yes.”

She took hold of his hand and proceeded to where the fog became lighter. The journey towards the light fog was silent and slightly awkward. But the clearing soon came into view. The playground from before was there, and the scene left off from where he left it. The small girl crying on the white sand next to the swing.

“Go and help her,” she coldly said to the man.

“Right.”

He hesitated to enter the playground, attempting to make no sound while stepping closer to the small child. Before soon he reached the girl and stood in front of her. He knelt down to be at head level with the girl.

“You okay little girl?” he asked her. Tilting his head trying to see her face.

“I want my Daddy!” she leaped into the man's arms, squeezing his torso.

He giggled at her adorable innocence. She began to cry and he let her. Patting her back and hugging her back.

“Just cry out the sadness, okay?” he told her.

She sniffled and coughed. She continued the same for a few minutes quieting and calming down.

“You okay now?” he asked her.

“I'm better. Thank you Mr. But why did my Daddy leave with that lady?” she questioned him.

“Ask your Mommy when you get home okay? She should tell you and if she doesn't I'll buy you a stuffed animal. 'Kay?” he smiled at the girl.

“Okies! Can it be a puppy?”

“Sure, what's your name by the way?”

“Michelle! My friend's call me Mickey though.”

“I'll take you home Mickey.”

He picked her up and walked away from the fog, following the path he made to the door. Once they reached the door he placed her down.

“We're here,” he said.

He put his hand on the door's handle and she put it on the other. They walked out and the little girl became the girl that had no mouth, nose, or eyes, but with them all.

“Welcome back.” she said.

“Thanks Mickey.”