A Family of Families | Teen Ink

A Family of Families

March 8, 2024
By 1chickenwang1 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
1chickenwang1 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Before the existence of the universe, there was a creator who decided to give space The Cosmos — a family of families consisting of planets, stars, and moons.

One tiny dot in the expanse of the cosmos, the solar system, was one particular family. 

Naturally, the Sun, Sol, became the mother and the Moon, Luna, became the father while Earth was the child. 

Sol gave life to Earth. Sol burned with a love that radiated across the ocean of space. 

And so Earth revolved around Sol.  

Luna watched over Earth, guiding and giving Earth stability, rhythm, and strength.

And so Luna revolved around Earth.

Time would go on, and Earth would mature. 

However, with each passing year, Luna would drift further apart from Earth. 

And eventually, Sol would die, marking the end to the family. 

Without the sun, there was no light, no warmth, no life. The universe was waiting.

However, after a long long time, the ashes of the universe formed to create a new sun, and so the next family would begin — every sunset followed by a rising sun.


The author's comments:

I enjoy learning about mythology from different cultures. It acts as a window that allows me to transcend time and learn about certain ideologies and characteristics.