The Thirst | Teen Ink

The Thirst

By Landry.Vampire.Writer BRONZE, Hugo, Oklahoma
Landry.Vampire.Writer BRONZE, Hugo, Oklahoma

The Thirst had been burning my neck for weeks now. I had caught one small wiff three weeks and two days ago, to be exact, and my throat has began to burn. I thought I was over this. Obviously not. No amount of animal blood could equal to what I wanted. What I desired. Now I was an animal, controlled only by instinct. I ran as fast I could through the dark woods. I closed my eyes tightly, feeling the venom in my pupils take over, enhancing my vision. I opened them again, narrowly missing a tree. I could see perfectly again, every little detail was in view; nothing could hide from me when I was like this.

I stopped short, hearing something close snap a twig. I closed my eyes, the best way to get a good smell, and breathed deeply. My abdomen quivered when I finally got the amazing aroma that I had been waiting for: Human blood. My lips twitched, fangs sliding from their hiding places within my gums, venom seeping into my mouth. I slowly opened my eyes, turning my head slowly. There, only a hundred yards away stood the tall hunter. It was racoon hunting season here, I could hear the sound of his hounds about two miles away, barking wildly at the raccoon they had treed. I knew exactly how to take him out, it was instinct.

The muscles in my legs pulled me down into a crouch, I inhaled once more, getting extra-motivated. The large man--more fun to kill, he'll fight back-- was now facing me. He couldn't see me, naturally, it was pitch-black dark to his mortal eyes. To me it was dark, but everything was in color. Almost like daylight, but without the harsh yellow glow, it was more of a navy blue or black glow. His rifle hung over his shoulder, I laughed darkly to myself. The all powerful gun, the only defence that he had. It wouldn't touch me. I could feel myself losing control of my muscles, I was about to act too soon. I knew what to do, I just had to gain enough control to know when to do it. I looked up at the tree beside me, the branches look sturdy enough. In one large bound, I jumped to closest branch without rustling a single leaf. Now I had a better vantage point, all I had to wait for was him to turn back around. Once he did turn around, I would be able to strike. I was told, on numerous occasions, I striked like a cobra. Fast and direct.

It felt like a year before he finally turned back around, had he heard me? Definately not, I wouldn't allow him to have lived this long. He finally turned around, his back to me. I jumped from the branch at the perfect angle, my muscles pulling and releasing at all the right moments. I landed on his back, sending him to the dirt, he cursed loudly. He began to kick and yell, trying to get me off his back. Any other person I knew would have snapped his neck, taking away all the suffering. Yet, I didn't find that fun, I enjoyed watching my prey suffer. I was a true demon. I slowly inclined my head, the heat from his neck burned my lips. The pounding of his heart made me quiver with the Thirst. I could hear the rushing of the blood in his veins. I rested my lips on a vein, feeling his hot pulse. When I couldn't take it any longer, I spread my lips and slowly sank my fangs into the flesh. This only made him scream more and become more violent. His hot blood seeped into my mouth, I removed my fangs and began to suck vigorously. My mouth filled with his warm, delicious blood over and over again. His body slowly stopped moving, dying.

After a few short seconds, I had completed the human. I slowly stood up, my head swimming with the new and almost unfamiliar warmth that flowed through me. I imagined this was how it felt to a human to be drunk. I sighed deeply and stood up, my site was a bit fuzzy and my mind was still stuck in instinct mode.

This is part of a story I am writing. All mine. I also wrote this one night at 3am, while extremely angry at someone I love.

LoveLikeWoe DIAMOND, LeSueur, MN, Minnesota

Whoever laughs first has the sickest mind.

i thought it was amazing. keep writing! :)

on Jun. 26 2009 at 1:55 am
Andrea Witte SILVER, Anchorage, Alaska
i thought that was really good a little related to twilight (sorry) but very good please finish your story