Twilight | Teen Ink

Twilight

By poxiao5002 BRONZE, Beijing, Other
poxiao5002 BRONZE, Beijing, Other

"Take my hand."

The footsteps and curses behind him gradually became clear. They blocked the iron door on the roof with wooden boxes and iron frames, but even so, the rusty door won't last long.

They are now standing on the roof of that uncompleted residential building. This building is very tall. It was originally designed to be more than ten stories high. The selected place is the best scenic spot in the city. From this angle, you can clearly see the bright morning light on the distant horizon.

"May the Mother God bless you, and there will be no suffering in the afterlife."

They drew a blessing pattern in front of each other's forehead and greeted the freshmen with a smile.

Behind him came the sound of knocking on the iron door.

But they can no longer get the blessing of the Mother God, which they both know very well. They swore that they would obey the Mother God forever, so they would not be blessed by the Mother God again on the day when No.1 and No.2 fled the altar and refused to become the sacrifice of the Mother God.

No. 1 pulled No. 2 to the edge of the roof. The wind at dawn was as cool as usual, and the morning fog had just cleared away. After a while, grandma, who likes to wear Bohemian long skirts at the opposite door, will go out to buy vegetables. The high school students studying hard upstairs will get up and recite words every day. The square at the door will be full of children who will read prayers to the Mother God.

After a while, there will be a young man or girl on the altar who will be presented to the Mother God. His soul became a gem decorated on the forehead of the Mother God, so that the comforting Mother God could continue to bless the city. But the child won't be No.2 because they ran away.

They swore to their mother God, but they also swore to each other. So, they can't have one person die on the altar and the other live. So, they chose to flee. They have nothing now.

So, No.2 still couldn't hold back and said sorry.

"Don't say sorry." No.1 shook his head. The sound of knocking on the iron door behind him became more violent.

"I'm just sorry we didn't fly out." No. 2 whispered, "we vowed to take off the wings of the Mother God, but we can't fly out."

The screw of the iron door made a cracking sound, and it was about to lose its hold.

"Without the blessing of the Mother God, we will be insects, rubble or weeds in our next life. We will never fly out of reincarnation and will stay in this city forever." N.2lowered his head.

The iron gate was half broken, and the shouts of the clergy behind became louder.

"Take my hand."

"Well?"

"Take my hand." No. 1 smiled.

The light of dawn with light gray and milky white illuminated the whole roof, the baton of the clergy, and the old iron door of the uncompleted building.

"This is the last time," he said, taking a step toward the city under his feet. Number two saw his tears flow down. He felt that his face was hot and humid, and he must have shed tears.

Number two also took a step.

"At least for now, we're all flying, aren't we?"