her Fantasy | Teen Ink

her Fantasy

By Joyce Collins BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia
Joyce Collins BRONZE, Marietta, Georgia

I kept sitting there, looking outside my window. I kept thinking “Who is that outside?” There was this boy just sitting outside, reading a book under the tree. I caught him a few times looking at me. And every time he looked at me, I could see that we were going to be the best of friends. Maybe more. I loved to stay inside the house and not go outside. But since it was dark out, that just made me wonder even more. He was reading in the dark. Tons of questions buzzed around my head. “Who was he?” “Where did he come from?” and “Is he going to be leaving soon?” But I really didn’t want him to leave. I wanted to know more about him. I found out that he lived three houses from me. I knew that my mom would go over there soon to welcome them to the neighborhood. I was right. 20 minutes later, my mom came out of the kitchen with a freshly baked apple pie. “Can I go with you, mom?” She turned around so quickly, but the weird thing is that the apple pie didn’t even move an inch. “You want to go with me?” “You really don’t like to get out much.” “I just want to see who our new neighbors are. Maybe get to know them.” My mom fell for it. She got her jacket on, and she opened the door. I got on my fishnet stockings and my “GO KILL SOMEBODY” jacket. My combat boots were dirty, so I got on my black shoes. About five minutes later, when we arrived at their door, my mom rang the door bell. But the doorbell wasn’t any regular doorbell. Instead of it being a regular doorbell, it played the death march. A smile went across my face. A little girl opened the door. She looked as if she was 7. Her jet black hair was streaked with hot pink highlights. Just then, a taller figure arrived. I looked up into his sky blue eyes. I took it that it was her father. My smile stayed on my face. Her father had tattoos all down his arm. The one that caught my eye was a skull with the heart around it. I could hear in the background “Peter, who’s at the door?” Just then a lady came. I’m betting that’s his wife. She had short pink hair and body rings. I was about to say that they were my idols. My mom stuttered “Wel-wel-wel” So I just went out and said “We would like to welcome you to the neighborhood.” The lady with the pink hair asked us if we would like to come in. my mom just kept stuttering. I told them that we would love to come in. Just then, I heard some footsteps coming down the stairs. It was HIM! His mom said that his name was Alex. As soon as I looked up into his eyes, I thought that I was going to melt. He was wearing a “KILL ME” t-shirt. He looked into my eyes and he came right in front of me. My heart was beating so loud, that I thought that it was going to come out of my chest. “I know you from somewhere” he said. “Um, you sit outside my house and read. I see you looking at me some of the time.” I said with gasps between every word. I was about to faint. He was gorgeous. He had short jet black hair like his sister. The tips of his hair was dyed blood red. He was everything that I hoped for. But just as I was about to say anything else, my mom woke me up. I found out that I was sleeping. But it doesn’t matter; Alex will always be alive to me.

i would love for this story to be real.