Voice of Clay | Teen Ink

Voice of Clay

May 21, 2019
By WonkaYourWilly SILVER, San Pedro, California
WonkaYourWilly SILVER, San Pedro, California
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Have a boy


Before I even saw the light that brought me to this world I was in darkness. I was cold, stiff and suffocating within the plastic that contained me. And even before I can feel the warm radiant touch of my creator I was in pain. Multiple quick jabs in session hit me as my creator struggled to free me from my prison of asphyxiation. I would later learn that my jailhouse of oxygen deprivation was actually an asylum that I wish that I can return to. Out from the womb that I call the Crayola box, I was forced out by a tight grip that crushed my form. As I rose I hear a bombing voice from my creator, “Touch the baba on the soft spot.”

   As my creator squished me into my self a jolt of pain erupted from my entire body. As I was writhing in pain I was then cut in half laying on a cool sheet of wax paper waiting for my demise. But it never came. In pure pain, I laid there waiting to end but I couldn’t. It’s almost like I was sort of inanimate object that was being personified by my creator.

   As I laid there I saw my creator, with his glorious double chin and all, do the same actions done to me to another piece of blue clay. As I watched them scream in pain I realized that my creator didn’t put that blue piece of clay down. He instead decided to pick me up. As both my upper and lower halves were raised in the same hand my creator did the unspeakable. He smashed both me and the blue piece of clay together. The pain can only be described in multiple excruciating ways.

   The pain was like getting a botched tattoo on your eye then spilling lemon juice in said eye. It was like getting toothpicks, sticking them under your toenails, then kicking a wall as hard as you can. It was like slowly sticking your hand into a fire pit then sticking your other hand into dry ice. It’s like getting a papercut within a papercut that is located on the webbing between your toes then having to walk a mile uphill. It’s like breaking one of your femurs and then at the peak of the pain having your other femur break while during the whole situation staying concuss to experience the pain. It’s like drinking orange juice after brushing your teeth. All of these fates were better than experiencing the pain I went through.

As both the blue clay and I were mushed together we started to notice that it won't he and I anymore but it was more similar to an us. As we combined both our bodies we started to notice something else was changing. As if our thoughts were combining in unison. As if my consciousness became one.

   For nearly an hour my creator continued to painfully compress, mince, and distort my body in ways that would make a contortionist faint. At the pinnacle of my manipulation I then saw two other pieces of clay, this time blue and yellow, experience the same horrors I have gone through. I tried to close my eyes, I tried to cover my ears. But sadly I don’t have eyes or ears so I couldn’t look away from the eldritch horrors that folded before me.

   After the yellow and blue transformed into green my creator then combined both the green clay and me into a single entity. This time it was not a merging of consciousness but a merging of the body. As my creator looked down upon what he has created he looked down with only disdain and disgust. I can see within my creator's eyes that he wanted more. I can see that he wanted me to be smoother. He knows that the combination of purple and green was not what he wanted. To him, I was an utter failure. At the height of all my pain and suffering my creator abandoned me. So not only was I in pain I was also alone.

   For the past several years I have been living in squalor in the dump. My creator left me in to rot within the trash. As I waited to again be smashed I was pleasantly surprised that I was saved by the garbage man. And for the following several years I have found sanctuary with the rotting. I am also apart of those who are decomposing. I am slowly eroding within this hell. As I stay here I know that this was my intended job my creator wanted me to have. He wanted me to perish with the undesirables. Because I to am undesirable.


The author's comments:

This is based off a story we did in creative writing class