Robocop | Teen Ink

Robocop

April 4, 2019
By msarich6894polahs SILVER, San Pedro, California
msarich6894polahs SILVER, San Pedro, California
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

On one night, there were criminals terrorizing the streets of Detroit. The cops were called and were arriving to put these criminals away. Alex Murphy who is a cop chased five criminals down the alley way with officer Lewis who is his partner. He then got them cornered and told them to drop their weapons and to turn themselves in. He then then said “dead or alive your coming with me”. All of the bad guys started laughing and Alex laughed in a nervous tone and one of them said that there is five of us and one of you.

He looked at them and without saying anything one guy started shooting Alex and then all of them. He was screaming while Lewis was shocked and screamed Nooo! Then after they stopped shooting, a guy with a pistol shot Murphy in the head. After they ran away, Lewis came and saw Murphy dead on the floor.

She took his body to the Omni Consumer Products (OCP) and they decided to save hima and turn him into a crime fighting cyborg. After they built him they tested him to see if he is capable of taking down criminals. He doesn’t remember who he is, but Lewis wanted to see if robocop is really Alex Murphy. When she reminded him who he is Alex remembers himself. He also remembers who killed him.

Clarence Boddicker. He wants to get revenge on Clarence for killing him and making him get turned into a cyborg. He remembers his wife and son and went to go see them. Ellen was shocked to see him like this but was glad that he is alive. As Alex and Ellen were catching up on what was going on, his son James walked in and saw robocop. Alex took his helmet off and what James saw was his father’s face. He cried but did not care about how his father looked liked and hugged him.

Alex was at first scared that James was going to say that his father was dead but didn’t. Even Ellen cried and hugged Alex Murphy. The family was reunited. Alex then told her and James to get to be safe. Meanwhile, Clarence just heard the news that the OCP made a cyborg to bring all criminals to justice.

Clarence was getting a bit worried but ignored it. He and his crew were packaging drugs in an old building. Robocop was informed about it and is on his way to stop it. Clarence was just minding his own business counting the money until suddenly robocop came and busted a steel door open. Everyone saw him and started shooting him.

Clarence heard the gunshots and fell off of his seat and ran to see robocop shooting every criminal he saw. After they were all dead, he saw Clarence trying to get away but luckily caught him just in time. He messed up his face really bad. Robocop turned him in and asked him who he works for and he said “I work for Dick Jones”.

Robocop left and drove back to tell his family to go to a safer place because something is not right. Then he went to the OCP to get answers. He used the computer system to find out who Dick Jones is. He noticed that he is an employee working for the OCP. he is also wanted for murder. He looked at his prime directives and the 4th directive is to not harm a member of the OCP or will result in shut down. Meanwhile back at the detroit police station, Clarence was sitting in a cell. He started looking outside of the cell because he wanted to get out of here and noticed a stolen police car with two people that just parked in front of the building.

They got out of the car and got explosives to destroy the wall. They placed them around it so that they can detonate it. They took a few steps back and detonated the explosives which took down the wall. They helped Clarence escape the police station and got away. Robocop drove to the OCP building to see Dick Jones, but the officers called Murphy that Clarence escaped from the building and got away.

Robocop thought that he could be at the place where he murdered him, so that is where he will go. As robocop was driving there, he was having flashbacks on his murder. He was getting freaked out on how he was killed only to be resurrected and transformed into a cyborg. He was thinking back on his wife and son.

He was sure that Ellen and James are safe from harm. Then he noticed that he was getting close to his destination. As he turned around the corner, he saw the building was filled with 15 gunmen. He scanned the whole building to find where Clarence is but he is wasn’t there. He had to kill these criminals first before he can find Clarence. Murphy’s armor is damaged all over, but can still move. He then got to his police car and drove to find Clarence.

As he was driving, he then saw an out of control police car and then saw that it was clarence in the car driving at high speed from the opposite road and started to chase after him. He also had a gun and was shooting in the air so that the pedestrians will move out of the way. Robocop had to stop him before he hurts anyone.

He got closer to the car and tapped the rear to make the car flip over. Murphy then slowed down as the car was tumbling to a halt. He got out of his car and walked to the wreckage where Clarence was messed up but still alive. He got Clarence out of the Wrecked police car and drove him to the hospital. The doctor said that he will make it. Robocop then questioned Clarence why he hated cops so much. He said that he hated cops because his family was killed by them.

Robocop told him that he is sorry that happened. Alex said that the evidence is back at OCP and that he will show it to him when he gets back. When Murphy got back to the hospital, he showed Clarence on what really happened to his family. After Clarence saw that his family was killed by a mob of criminals, he cried and was sorry for what he did to Alex Murphy. Before Alex left, he told Clarence to hang in there. He got in his car and tried to look for his wife and son. He checked to see if they were in a safer place, but they were not there.

He then thought that Dick Jones has them hostage. He has to save his family. So he drove to the OCP building and went all the way to the roof top and saw his family held at gunpoint. He told Jones to let them go. But Dick said that you are not a man. You are a machine. Murphy said “You are wanted for murder”. “You ordered Clarence to kill Alex Murphy” (Dick Jones) “you are not Alex Murphy”. Robocop removed his helmet and Dick Jones was shocked that he was Seeing Alex Murphy alive. There was a helicopter in the Distance so that when it gets here it will take Dick and he will escape. When the Helicopter came, robocop told Jones to let them go and Jones did. Robocop then told Ellen and James to run so that robocop can shoot the driver and kill Jones. As robocop did this he walked to the edge where the helicopter was falling to the ground and as soon as it hit the ground, it exploded. He turned to see his family was not harmed and they were happy to see another day.


The author's comments:

I wanted to write about this because I am a huge Robocop fan.