The Nightwing | Teen Ink

The Nightwing

By Ekrrocoaster BRONZE, Calabasas, California
Ekrrocoaster BRONZE, Calabasas, California
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

Today I’m going to be telling you about my run-in with a nightwing.I know you haven't heard of one before, but I think you’ll like it. This is the story on how I found one… Or rather it found me.

I was wandering around in these dark, ominous woods. All of a sudden, I tripped  over a dumb tree root and fell head over heels down a precipitous hill. Then BOOM! I landed hard on my back. When the birds stopped circling my head and I regained consciousness I looked around where I have fallen. It turns out I landed in a cave full of eggs! As I inspected them more closely and found out that they were dragon eggs. One of them in particular caught my eye. It was dark purple with white spots that seemed to glow. It also had a peculiar marking on the top that looked like an upside down glowing purple mountain. I picked up this egg but then the mother came out of nowhere. I wasn’t sure what type of dragon this was of course. Then I remembered my history teacher, Mr. Perez, told the class old legends about this dragon. He said  it was called the nightwing. I ran out of there so fast, carrying the egg, it felt like I was flying.

Here's a little information  about nightwings. They’re fast, lightning fast. Even faster than that. They also have special abilities to read your mind, tell the future, and even talk in your mind. Their fire is also very, very hot. Hot enough to melt lava itself. All this makes it hard to escape them. So you can imagine me running like my pants were on fire, which they probably were, with a 4-pound dragon egg in my arms. To make matters worse the baby dragon has already hatched and imprinted on me. That's not good.

Back to the matter at hand. I did the natural thing every brave man would do in a dangerous situation. I hid behind some trees and waited for it to hurtle past me before I relaxed. I started thinking as I looked down at the runt whelp,(for you non-dragon people that is a baby dragon), that I better start taking care of it  it, but where do I start? So I started off with a name and named her Amber. Seven years later I tried breaking her into a dragon saddle that I made her. She was twenty feet long and ten feet tall at the shoulders. Her eyes are the color of light blue crystals. She got used to the saddle right away.There are some nights where I dream that the mother came and took little Amber back only to be relieved that it was just a dream.

In the end, the mother never found us and we grew up together forever. That was the story on how I escaped a dragon and raised a dragon. THE END.