The Forbidden Fruit Part 2 | Teen Ink

The Forbidden Fruit Part 2

By gabbykp2009 GOLD, Virginia Beach, Virginia
gabbykp2009 GOLD, Virginia Beach, Virginia

do what you want no matter what poeple think. If they mind, they don't matter and if they matter they don't mind.

WILLIAM


Hunting was my pastime. I was the best hunter in my family. Better than my centuries old father. I was always alert and ready to run at any smell or sign of food. I always hunted barefoot. It let me feel the vibrations in the ground. I could feel the cars speeding on the highway. I could feel the grass growing, the trees growing, and the flowers growing. I could feel my pray walking only a few miles away. I also only hunted in kaki pants. They were flexible and I didn’t look like a retard, like I did in shorts. I always hunted alone. My family made distractions. I always want to hunt at my best. Hunting was my life. It was an art and I was a master.
There was a rustle in the bushes. I crouched low to the ground and sniffed the air. Deer. There was another rustle and then the deer was gone, shooting off towards the west. I shoot after him. The deer’s legs pounded against the forest floor and my legs pounded faster than his. The deer was fast, but I was faster. The deer passed through a clearing of trees. I sprinted ahead of it and cut it off. The deer stopped and feel to the ground with a cry. It looked up at me with merciful eyes. The fire in my throat grew. It was burning. I didn’t care about the innocent animal I was about to viscously murder. All I cared about was the warm red blood pumping vigorously through its veins. I pounced on the fallen deer and smiled, letting my fangs seep through my gums and over my lips. The bent my head and bit in to the soft and furry flesh of the deer. Warm blood flooded from the vein in the deer’s neck. The blood was thick and warm. Its salty taste made the fire in my throat burn down. I sucked the deer dry. The fire wasn’t completely gone, but it didn’t hurt anymore.
I tossed the deer aside. I wanted more. I straightened out my shirt, that hadn’t been messed up during the hunt. I smoothed back my hair and began to run again. I ran further south, getting way from the massacred deer. I felt a huge vibration in the ground. I sniffed the air, a whole herd of deer. I continued running, my legs moving faster than the speed of light. The deer could smell me coming. They were off into the overgrowth of the forest. I loved a good chase. I caught up with the back end o f the herd. I sprang and took down two deer at once. They let out a cry. I snapped both their necks and they were dead. I bit into the larger ones stomach and drank. Then I drank from the smaller one. I wasn’t full, but I wasn’t hungry anymore. I picked up both limp bodies of the deer and threw them under a larger bush, to hide the evidence. Then I was off back to the direction of my house.

VZZZZZV

Daphne was home when I arrived. More than twenty bags were sitting on the leather living room couch. She had bought the whole mall.
“Hey,” said Daphne coming out of the kitchen with a bottle of pig’s blood in her hands. At the house, we always kept bottle animal blood. Daphne did not like to hunt. She didn’t like seeing the sad eyes of the animals when she was about to kill them. She always drank from the bottle. She also hated human blood. She said the murder made it taste bad. “How were you huntings?” She took a drink from the bottle and wiped the bit of blood that had trickled down her mouth.
“Good,” I said. My fangs were still hanging out of my mouth. I licked them and grunted, sucking them back into my gums. I went over to the couch and threw a couple bags on the hardwood floor, clearing a space for me to sit.
“Hey!” Daphne said, rushing over to the fallen bags. “There’s delicate stuff in their!” She picked the bags up and place them back on the couch.
“What’d you get me?” I picked up a bag and started ruffling through it. Thongs, thongs, and bras. Daphne’s stuff. I almost gagged. “Ewww!”
“Um.... That’s my stuff.” She took the bag from me. “All the stuff on this couch is mine,” she pointed to the long couch that I was sitting on, “and all the stuff on that couch,” she pointed to the loveseat, “is yours.”
“Yeah thanks for letting me know beforehan d.” I got off up the couch and looked at the bags on the loveseat. There was only like ten bags on the couch. Daphne had like twenty. I looked through the biggest bag on the couch that was from Pac Sun, skinny Bullhead jeans, Volcome tees, Billabong hoodies, a pair of low top Vans, neon socks, black Volcome boxers, and two new Hurley belts. Daphne definitely knew me well. She knew how to shop for me. I searched through the other bags. I found binders, more clothes, schools supplies, and more clothes. “Wow,” I said, looking at Daphne, “thanks. It’s all perfect.”
“You’re welcome,” she said. I grabbed all of my bags and went up to my room, to pick out a first day of school outfit.

GENEVIEVE

“Genevieve, wake up,” there was a light shake of my bed. “Come on, mon amie, you will be late for school.” I groaned. “I don’t want to come back in ‘ere, Genevieve.” She flicked on the bright bedroom light. I pulled the covers over my head. I didn’t want to go to school. I didn’t want to start a new schools year at a place where no one would know me. I would be a nobody. I would have no friends and everyone would think I was a freak. I didn’t want to go! But I had to. I shoved the covers off my body and swung my feet on to the hardwood and padded over to my closet. I had finally unpacked my suitcase and I put everything in the large walk-in closet I had. My hundreds of shoes were organized by color and my millions of clothes were organized by style. I flipped through my hundreds of pairs of jeans and found a pair of black skinny jeans. I went through my shirts and found a hot pink short sleeve shirt with a black tank top to put underneath it. I threw them all on. I put on my new Juicy perfume and pulled a brush through my straight non-frizzy hair. I put on some eyeliner eye shadow and caked on foundation to cover up my stress pimples. Some sparkly lip gloss was the icing on the cake. I checked myself in the mirror. It was an okay outfit, perfect for regular days of school but not for the first. I shrugged at myself in the mirror. I grabbed a pair of pink heels from my closet. I grabbed my purse and my a-day binder and was on my way downstairs.

Grandmere was in the kitchen making me pancakes and eggs just the way I like them, scrambled. I placed my books and purse on the space next to me and sat down in a chair to put on my shoes. Grandmere brought me over a stack of pancakes and a bowl of scrambled eggs. She poured me a glass of fresh orange juice.

“You look nice.” She said

“Merci,” I smiled at her. She smiled back at me. She brought the syrup over to me from the pantry. I poured more than I was supposed to all over my pancakes. Grandmere sat a crossed from me.

“Are you excited for school?” She shipped at her coffee.

“No,” I=2 0said shoving pancake in my mouth. I took a gulp of orange juice to wash it down.

“Well your schedule just came in ‘da mail,” she got up for she got up from the table and opened a dower, pulling out and envelope that had already been opened. She handed it to me. “I could not resist opening it. I went to ‘da school you are going to.” I pulled out the folded piece of paper. A huge “K” was written on it with the words “Floyd E. Kellam High School” written underneath it. I looked at the schedule, English, Math Analysis, Advance Placement European History, Art, and Astronomy, the ordinary stuff for and ordinary tenth grader. I folded the paper into a little square and shoved it into my back pocket. I continued to shove pancakes into my mouth while Grandmere talked about the school and her teachers in the “Olden Days.”

When I was done with breakfast, I went back upstairs to brush my teeth and to wash my face of all the sticky syrup. I came back downstairs; I kissed Grandmere good-bye and ran out the door to my BMW. Kellam was like twenty minutes away and with the traffic, I was barely on time. I didn’t know where the student lot was. I drove around the front of the school, and all the freshmen and sophomores stared at me and automatically figured that I was new. I saw a line of cars drive around to the back of the school, so I followed them. There was only a few parking spaces in the lot. I parked next to this large black Hummer with a few people hanging around it. They stared at me as I got out of the car. I walked by them and I could still feel their piercing stares. I could tell they were talking about me. I walked through the back entrance and through a crowded hallway of teenagers. I pulled out my schedule and looked at the map on the back of it. My first class was Advance Placement European History in room 503. The map said it was up the stairs and I had no clue where the stairs was. I followed the map as best as I could and found the stairs. I went up them and was in my class room right when the tardy bell rang. That’s when I saw him. He had blond hair worn in a short spiked style. He had the most beautiful leaf green eyes. His skin was pale, paler than snow and I could she is granite chest through his tight Billabong shirt. He was gorgeous and he was sitting next to the only available seat=2 0in the classroom.

I sat next to him and he looked at me as I sat down, but only for a second. The teacher came in the door and began to speak. I wasn’t listening. I was trying to look at the gorgeous boy, no... man, sitting next to me with the corner of my eye. I didn’t want to seem like a freak staring at him. The teacher began to call role. I watched for the boy to say “Here” when his name was called.

“William Helix,” said the teacher.

“Here,” said William. His voice was… I don’t know how to explain it. It was like beautiful bells ringing in the inside of my ears.
The teacher went through all the names of the kids in the class, mispronouncing mine on the way. He started talking about the course and I totally blanked out. I was thinking about William. He seemed so familiar and his voice sounded so familiar. I couldn’t think of where I’ve heard or seen him before. Before I knew it, the bell rang and I was off to my next class.

WILLIAM
VZZZZZV

I saw her! I saw her! The mystery girl from my dream! She is real! She even sat next to me in AP Euro! Her name is Genevieve. Her hair is strawberry blond and she had piercing blue eyes, just like my dream. She is as beautiful in real life as she is in my dream.

I couldn’t stop thinking about her as I walked to my next class. I walked behind her the whole time, and coincidently she was going the same way as I was. I breathed in her sent. I memorized her strawberry shampoo and her Juicy perfume. I memorized the sent of her house that lingered in her clothes, country smell and old smell. The smells of her body were burned into my nose. I wanted her. BAD.

She went into an English classroom. My English classroom. She was in another one of my classes. She sat down in the second to last row. Perfect. I could sit behind her. The tardy bell wouldn’t ring for another five minutes, and she wasn’t doing anything. I tapped her on the shoulder and she turned around in surprise.
She didn’t say anything, but I learned everything from her thoughts.

Oh my God! Why is he talking to me? Oh my God! His going to talk to me!

“Um… Hey.” I said. I waved a little bit at her.

“Hey,” she laughed at my little wave.

“I’m William and your Genevieve, right?” I knew what her name was and I’m positive she knew my name.

Oh my God! He knows my name! “Yeah you’re right.”

“Umm… are you new here?”

“Yeah I just moved from Flordia.”

“Florida?”

“Yeah.”

Christ! Please tell me I didn’t murder one of her family members! “I heard there were a lot of murders there. Like, they don’t even know who the murderer is.”

“Yeah they got my dad.” Sadness filled her eyes. I could see what happened to her father in her thoughts. His throat ripped out, his limbs severed and his chest cut open. I could see tears forming in her eyes. Oh my God! I killed this beautiful girl’s father! No, no, no, no, NO! I hate this curse. I hate being a vampire. I absolutely despise it! If I could I would cut off my own head, drive a stake through my heart, and burn myself!

“I’m sorry,” I looked down, so that way she couldn’t see my eyes turn crimson with rage.

“It’s okay. I just pray everyday that the creature that did this to my father is caught and killed. I hope all the creatures or creature that did those things to those innocent people is tortured and killed, so he can feel the pain that he or she caused those people and those families,” she smacked her fist on my desk. Everybody in the room turned to look at her. “Sorry,” she said to me, “sometimes I get a little to dramatic.” She smiled flashing her beautiful white teeth. I nearly melted in my chair from that smile. The tardy bell rang and the teacher came in. She turned away from me, f linging loose pieces of hair on to my desk. I sighed. I think I’m in love, but I can’t be in love with a human. It’s just not how it works in the world of the immortals.
“William,” is what my mom said right as I walked through her art classroom door. She worked here at the school and she always wanted me to check in with her at the end of the school day, “how was your first day?” she smiled at me as she washed a few brushes in the sink.
“Who was that girl that you met today?” I could not keep seceats from my mother. She could read thoughts and also see the future, so there was no point in lying to her.
“Her name is Genevieve,” I said with a sigh.
“She’s really pretty,” my mom said walking around the room, “but I feel like I’ve seen her before. She seems so familiar.”
“Yeah I have the same feeling, I had a dream about her the other day, but it’s just déjà vu.”
“Ha,” she laughed. “Vampires do not have déjà vu, you should know that.” She sat down in her leather desk chair. “When a vampire has a dream, and the people in that dream are real, it’s your brain telling you that this person is going to be a big part of your life. I saw you in one of my dreams and look, you are a huge part of my life now.”
“I guess your right, but the thing is… she’s from florida and you know what happened in Flordia.” I looked down at the lyminated tile.
“God damn it William, please don’t tell me you murder this girl’s family!” she smacked her fist on the desk.
“Not her family,” I smiled ashamedly up at her.
“God! You have to tell her, William.”
“I can’t just go up to her and say ‘Hey I’m a vampire and I viciously murdered you father. You wanna go see a movie some time?’ You don’t want the Grimms on our asses do you?”
“Watch you language, boy!”
“Whatever,” I turned my back on her.
“William,” she called after me, “You need to listen to your dreams. They might tell you something you need to know in the future!”
Whatever

“I heard that!” My mom shouted after me.

I rolled my eyes.

I rounded the corner, turning into the next hall way toward the front entrance, then WHAM!
I didn’t feel anything, but I know the person I hit felt a little somethin’, somethin’.

“Ow! Ow!” It was a girl’s voice. Winter mint gum filled the air, along with strawberry shampoo and Juicy perfume. Genevieve.

“Oh my God!” I said. “Are you okay?” I looked at her as she tilted her head up to keep the blood from flowing out of her nose. Blood? Blood! I could smell the rich, salty, red liquid flowing from her beautiful (And now broken.) nose. I knew I couldn’t resist, I just couldn’t.

“Yeah,” she tilted her head forward to smile at me, “wait,” she took the pressure off her nose and blood started to gush out again, “no I’m not fine.” I began to stare at the blood on her hot pink tee shirt and all over the floor. She seemed to notice. “Um… are you okay?” I didn’t answer. My face was filled with awe, at all that lovely treat going to waste all over the shine floors. “What, are you afraid of blood?” This statement brought me back down to Earth.

I started to burst out laughing. I knew she wouldn’t get the joke.

“William!” My mom was back again. “What happened?” I turned around and my mom could see everything. She could see the blood all over the floor and all over the girl that I loved.

“Um….”

“I could sm….” she stopped herself, “…hear shouting.”

Genevieve stepped in, still with her head tilted. Her voice was nasally from her holding her nose. “We accidentally ran into each other. He kind of broke my nose, but it was an accident. It was entirely my fault I wasn’t looking where I was going and I don’t know. I was just trying to return this pencil I borrowed from you.” She pulled out a pencil from her back pocket. There was a gust of wind. Oh God! Now Dad was involved with this.

“Come on sweetie,” he said. Genevieve jumped when he spoke. “Let’s get you to the nurse.” He grabbed her from underneath her free arm.

“What?” she said shocked. “Where did you come from?”

It doesn’t matter, as long as I’m here; now let’s go, before you lose all the blood in your pretty little head.” He dragged her off in the other direction. She yelled off a nasally “Bye” before she rounded the corner. My mom turned to me for an explanation, but I was already out the door, before she could say a thing.

GENEVIEVE



Oh my God! He broke my nose! He actually broke my nose. There was blood everywhere, and I could tell there was something up with William, because he seemed to stare at the blood with these inhuman eyes, the eyes of a animal, not a human. And he broke my nose! It hurt really bad, and I’m so embarrassed! Mr. Helix took me to the hospital, and he called Grandmere. She started to freak! She came as quick as he can, and as the doctor replace my nose, and put a splint around it, she began to flirt with Mr. Helix! Grandmere’s like eighty and Mr. Helix is like thirty or twenty or something. It was disgusting. And then when we left, Grandmere gave Mr. Helix her phone number and he gave her his too! Ugh! It made me want to puke

WILLIAM


I walked into the old house and I was p-i-s-s pissed! How could I do that? How could I hurt that girl twice? First her dad and now her nose. Way to go dumbass. I don’t know if she will ever forgive me. Will she?

I walked into the house, to find Daphne sitting on the white couch, flipping through the giant television on the wall. She turned at my entrance. Then she started to crack up laughing.

“Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah….”

I sighed, ready for a comeback for her laughter.

“Wait, I’m not done yet. Hahahahahaha. Okay now, I’m done. Okay so, why did you break you girlfriend’s nose?” She got up to come and talk to me face to face. “I mean I thought you ‘loved’ her. I though you wanted her, and bad!” she smirked at what I had said in my thoughts. “So, why William?”

I shrugged and pulled back my arm. I let if fly, and my balled up fist hit her square in the jaw, sending her to the floor. I ran up the stairs, while Daphne laid on the floor, still laughing.

GENEVIEVE



My nose was in a splint for three weeks. During those three weeks, I made more friends then I had at my old school. They all wanted to know how I broke my nose. I told a story for each different group. The cheerleaders, I broke my nose trying to do a triple backhand spring reverse tuck. The jocks, I scored a touchdown for my own all girls football team and I accidentally ran into the field goal post. The nerds, I stood up for myself and I got punched in the face, and so on. Stories were being told about me around the whole school.

I told those false stories because I didn’t want William to get in trouble. If people found out what really happened in the hallway, they would all be afraid of him. I didn’t want that to happen. After my nose being broken, William didn’t talk to me at all. He didn’t even look at me. He even moved away from me in English and AP Euro. He sat far away, very far away. Everyday, when I got home, I found a new vase of a dozen roses sitting on the front porch. They said;

“Get Well Soon, Genny (It is okay if I call
You Genny, right?)

LOVE,

William Helix.”

Everyday there was a new vase, with a new color rose and a new note, on my doorstep. All of them were from William. All of them ended with the word “Love.” My room was filled with the fragrance of roses for weeks after I stopped getting the flowers.

When weeks passed and the stories had stopped flying around the hallways, William still wasn’t talking to me, and I needed to find out why. One day during English, we had a substitute, so we could do whatever we wanted and sit wherever we wanted to. I found an open seat in front of William. He cringed when I sat down, but he didn’t say anything.

“Hey,” I said. He didn’t say anything. “So, how are you?” I smiled at him. He looked down, at the piece of paper that said nothing on, and didn’t say anything.
“Fine, don’t talk to me, I don’t care. I knew you didn’t like me. I guess those flowers were from somebody else, maybe,” I tried to think of someone he hated, but I couldn’t, “they came from another William Helix, who doesn’t act like a jackass.” I turned towards the front of the class. I heard him sigh and smiled to myself. I heard a pencil scratch against paper, and a piece of paper being folded up. Then the piece of folded up paper was on my desk, with my name scratched in the front. I unfolded it and began to read.

Genny,

I don’t know what to say anymore. I like you, I like you a lot, but it wouldn’t work between us. I know you covered me up for breaking your nose, and I will never forget doing that to you, I am sorry about that again. I love you I really do, but I don’t know how it would work between us, and right as you read this, I am thinking of a way to make it work. We are soul mates, I can feel it. But…. God…. I don’t know what else to say except for, I love you.

Love,

William Helix

WILLIAM


The note I wrote to Genevieve was really from my heart, if I had one. I do love her, and I do won’t to make it work, but there is only one way to get our lives together.

As I thought, Genny wrote me a note back. I could hear her felt tip pen furiously scraping against hot pink paper. I could hear her heart beating faster and faster as she wrote. Finally she was done.

William,

I love you too. I don’t care about the nose thing, my nose is fine. What do you mean our “relationship” won’t work? I’m most defiantly single, and I’m pretty positive that you’re single too. Why? We can talk about this at my house. My grandmother won’t be home until late tonight, so maybe you can come over. I’m sure you know where I live, from all the flowers you have sent me.

Love

Genevieve

The note smelled exactly like her. I shoved it into my pocket and wrote another note to her. I scribbled my answer to coming over and I passed it back to her.

What are you planning to do, Will?

Shut up, Daphne and get out of my head.

Ha-ha. Seriously Will, what are you planning to do with her?

You’ll see, now shut up!

GENEVIEVE



I asked him to come over! I’ve never had a guy over before, and Grandmere will most likely kill me if she found out. That’s what makes it so exciting. He passed me another note.

Genny,

I would love to come over, because I have to ask you something. And it can’t work because … I don’t know, we’ll talk about it at your house. And yeah I am single : ) Yeah, I do know where you live. I hope you liked the flowers. Give me a call if anything happens.

Love

William Helix

I got his number! He’s coming over tonight! He’s single too! I can’t wait until tonight!



The doorbell ran around three, and my house was empty. I opened the door and there he stood. The sunlight seemed to shine off of him. He wore these black Doc Martian sunglasses with a tight black tee shirt and skinny jeans. he was a god!

“Hey,” he smiled at me. I said nothing, I just gawked at him. He laughed at my face. “What? Do I have something in my teeth?” He ran his tongue along his teeth. “Is there something on my face?”

“Huh? No, sorry. I’m staring, aren’t I?” I blushed.

“Naw, it’s cute.” He walked into the front hallway and gave me a hug. “How are you?” He kissed me on the cheek. HE KISSED ME! I nearly passed out on the spot. He smiled at me again.

“I’m fine, just a little nervous.” I started to walk up the stairs, and he followed me. I closed my eyes and prayed that he didn’t notice the garlic and crosses.

“What’s up with the crosses and garlic?” Thanks, God.

“I don’t know. My grandmother is very superstitious.” I said when we got to the upstairs hallway.

“Of what? Vampires?” He laughed his gorgeous laugh.

“Yeah, have you ever heard of The Legend of the Beach Vampire?”

“Yeah, a few times.”

“Well the girl, Mona, is my ancestor, and my grandmother thinks that the ‘vampire’ that ‘killed her’ is ‘still out there’ and she is just ‘protecting’ her house.” I opened my bedroom door and we entered. HE WAS IN MY BEDROOM! OH MY GOD!

WILLIAM


Her grandmother’s house was beautiful. The outside was lovely, huge and white. The inside smelled almost as good as Genevieve did, like old people and wild flowers. But her grandmother was a little bit nutty. She though garlic and crosses could keep vampires out of her house. Ha!

Genevieve led me up to her room. I was the first guy to ever be in her room. Her room had crosses too. Her grandmother was defiantly a nutcase. Genevieve was so excited to have me. Her thoughts were filled of fantasy that she thought we were going to do in her bedroom. I laughed to myself at some of them. We sat down on her bed.

“So,” she said, “what do you need to tell me?” She smiled at me.

“Well, just how I feel abut you, I guess.” I took her hand and I ran my fingers along the veins underneath her sweaty skin.
She withdrew her hand really quick.

“There ice cold!” she smiled.

“Uh, yeah it’s kind of chilly outside,” I lied.

“Okay,” she gave me her hand back and jumped at the cold.

“Anyways, how I feel about you, I just can’t explain it. When you first walked into the door, I couldn’t take my eyes off you. You were the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. I had a dream about you a few nights before school started, and my mom says that people in your dreams will be a big part of your life someday, and I think you will be a big part of my life someday.” I stopped to go through my thoughts.

“The weird thing is,” Genny cut in, “is that I had a dream about you too.” I saw in here thoughts her dream. I had drunk her blood, but it wasn’t her I was drinking from, it was Mona.

“That is weird.”

We talked about a lot of things, for a few hours, and then the sun started to set, I had to tell her before her grandmother got home.

“Genny,”

“Yeah?” she smiled at me. God, did I love her smile!

“I have to tell you something, something you can’t tell anyone else, no one.”

Please don’t be gay. Please don’t be gay. I smiled at the thought. “Okay.”

“I’m… I’m…”God! I couldn’t do it. I closed my eyes and breathed in her sent. The familiar strawberry shampoo and a new sent I had recognized before. It smelled like blossoms, the loveliest blossoms. Blossoms and salt, really. Salt. It was her blood. I opened my eyes. I could feel them turning crimson. Genny stared at me.

“William, what the hell is happening to your eyes?” she shouted at me and began to back away form me, dropping my hand. Without letting the out, my fangs began to seep out of my gums. I felt them, their sharp slimy tips, go over my lips. She could see them. I couldn’t control myself. She let out a bloodcurdling scream and bolted for the door. I was there before she was, blocking her exit. She screamed again. She ran for her closet. This time I let her. She slammed the door and could hear it lock. I laughed a menacing laugh. I could hear her sobs and her teeth rattling.

Stop!

No!

William, leave her alone!

No, Mom. I need her blood! I need it! It’s so sweet, and I can’t live with out her or her sweet nectar!

Please! Listen to her! She’s going to die from fear before you even get to her!

Now she knows, so she has to turn!

I knocked on the closet door. “Little pig, little pig, let me come in.” I smirked to myself. She sobbed. I laughed and grabbed the doorknob. I ripped the door off the frame. She screamed. I laughed. She had backed into a corner. I creped slowly into the dark closet. I laughed and smiled at this beautiful girl that I loved. She was so scared of me. I could see it in her eyes. She was petrified. I laughed at her sheet white face. “Don’t worry baby, this will only hurt a lot.” I grabbed her by the waist. She tried to getaway from me, but my grip was tight. She put her hands up against my chest and tried to pry herself free, I laughed. She wasn’t strong enough. I gripped her tighter and I put my free hand on her temple. I pushed and she passed out. She stopped struggling, and I bent her neck to the side. I stared at the beautiful flesh lying there, not punctured. I licked my teeth and bit.

Nooo! William! Don’t do this.

Please, William, for the girl’s family’s sake!

Will! Stop we don’t need her!

Daphne! That isn’t helping!

My whole family was in my head, and it was not helping me enjoy her tasteful blood. I drank deeply, while my family rambled on in the back of my head. I had finally taken a bite of my forbidden fruit.

this is the second part to the forbidden fruit