If I Was Invisible | Teen Ink

If I Was Invisible

By AydenR BRONZE, Elk Rapids, Michigan
AydenR BRONZE, Elk Rapids, Michigan

On an extremely calm afternoon, I was relaxing in my house microwaving a plastic doll, like I always do on Fridays. When I was finished, I watched tv for a few seconds and then decided to go to sleep. I walked over to my stone brick bed. I fell into bed and drifted off to sleep very slowly. The next morning I woke up. My stone brick bed was so amazingly comfortable that I didn’t want to leave it. I eventually dragged myself out of it and got ready for my day. I ate some cinnamon lemons for breakfast and brushed my teeth. I looked into the mirror and I didn’t see myself. I thought I was dreaming and slapped my appendix. I didn’t wake up, so I must have been awake. I was for sure invisible. If I was going to be invisible, then I need to do something amazing. I left my very puny apartment and went to a pet store. When I walked inside, I went over to the snakes and set them loose. They slithered around everyone’s feet. Every person in the pet store panicked and ran out. I went home after that because I was getting bored. I ate a salad and some hot dogs. Suddenly, I wasn’t invisible anymore. It felt so strange. I carried out with my life then died at the age of 79.

This was a prompt.....a weird one.