The CEO | Teen Ink

The CEO

May 3, 2017
By Anonymous

There once was a young man. He knew almost every there is to know. He knew how to write, cook, read, sew, and live a normal, single life. But what he didn't know much about, was girls. He was terrible with girls. He was fresh out of college, and had paid off his student loans after receiving a job as the CEO. Since he was right out of college a company that makes recycled office supplies is lucky to have him. He lives in a loft that overlooks the entire city. He is on his way to becoming a billionaire. He's been a millionaire since he was in his early twenties. But all in all, he lives a normal life.
One day he was in a business meeting that would determine whether or not the company was to hire interns. He thought it would be great, as long as he wasn't assigned an intern. He felt like he was fine on his own, and didn't need an intern. Though, at the end of the week, everyone, including him, was given the name of an intern who was to start on Monday. Sighing, he read the name quietly, "Schylar." He thought that was a weird way of spelling a guy's name, but he shrugged it off and went home to relax for the weekend.
Monday morning as he walked to his office he saw a stunningly beautiful young woman leaning against his office door. 'She has to be around 5 foot 2 inches, and she has beautiful olive toned skin, with long brown hair and beauteous brown eyes." I had two coffees in my hands, one for me and the other obviously for him. He was around 6 foot 4 inches tall with pale white skin. But he had jet black hair and eyes as blue as the sea. "Would you like a large hot coffee with cream and sugar?" I ask him as he crossed through the threshold of the door and began to walk down the hallway.
"Excuse me? Who are you?" He ask nervously as he was dumbfounded by her beauty.
"I'm your new intern. Would you like the coffee I bought for you?" He was blushing hard as he saw her, yet he continued to walk quietly towards her. He shook his head at the sight, and slapped his cheeks a little for an excuse as to why his cheeks were red. Once he arrived at his office door he looked at her and said, "Excuse me, but I think you have the wrong office miss." She looked at him with a soft, gentle smile.
"They told me to go to the office of Mr. Blake, and I'm pretty sure that's what it says that on this door here. Maybe you're the one that had the wrong office?" she replied quickly as she got off of the door, the coffees still in her hand. He looked at her and pulled out his keys. He unlocked the office, which was surprising to her that this quiet young man was the CEO of this major company. "So you are the CEO. But you're so quiet and reserved. Huh. Looks like what I'm learning in school is wrong then. Not all CEOs are dicks."
"I know. I worked my way up to the top. I just finished college. Come on. Let's go in." He holds the door open for her as she walks in, now silent, as he grabs the coffee out of her hand. "Don't worry. That was a great first impression. It wasn't what I expected, but it was good. Sass is good in a fast paced company such as this one. So is sarcasm. And a sense of humor. I have a feeling that you'll fit in well here. And thanks for the coffee. But I prefer mine with just cream, no sugar." He looks at me with a smile and takes a seat at his desk as he opens the coffee and takes a sip.
"So, what's my first task? You are paying me after all." I ask as I smile back at him politely. My hands are folded together in front of me, and I wait patiently for my first assignment.
"Well, I don't have anything for you currently. So sit down and relax. I have a meeting in 20 minutes. When I get back I might have something for you to do. Okay?"
"Okay. I'll be here." I smile at him as he leaves for his meeting. I go to get some coffee and a donut. I walk back to his office and see a note on his desk.
'Schylar, please go through these files to make sure they are in order.
Thanks,
Blake'
I sit down at his desk and pick up a pen as I set down my coffee and my donut. I take a bite of my donut and get to work. It takes me about 2 hours to go through all of the files and pick out the mistakes and missing signatures. I mark them with a sticky note, and write down What was wrong along with highlighting the mistakes. By the time I'm done, I've gone through 3 cups of coffee, and he's out of his meeting. "I did what you asked me to. They're all in order, they've been read over too. I've highlighted the typos and grammatical errors I caught, and there were some unsigned documents also."
"What? Unsigned documents? That can't be. I sign everything." He starts to fumble through the piles of files on his desk.
"Hey. Calm down. They're labeled. Orange is typos, yellow is grammatical errors, and green is unsigned documents. It's all in order from oldest to newest." He looks at me in awe as he sees all of the colored sticky notes.
"Wow. You did all of this in 2 hours? Damn there are a lot of typos in these. Thank you. Having an intern might not be so bad after all." He smiles and and sits down to sign the documents and reaches for coffee that's non existent. "Can you-" I hand him the coffee before he can ask. "This time it's just cream. How you like it." I smile as our hands touch. I pull mine away quickly once he had the coffee in his hand. "Thank you."
"It's my job. No need to thank me." I blush a little as I look down and back away slowly. "What's next?"
"Uh... I don't know. Just have a seat on the couch until I need you to do something."
"Alright. So, what do you do around here?" I ask as I sit on the couch and take out my old laptop.
"I approve different things, I pay people, I get the company money and sponsors/donors, I make sure everything this in order. I run the company. And before you ask, it's one of the hardest jobs you will ever do." He looks over at me, as I have my feet up, and my laptop on my lap. "How old is that thing. Looks to me like it needs to be updated."
"It's only about 5 years old."
"Yeah. You need a new one. I have about three at home. Would you like me to bring you one tomorrow? I don't use them. They were given to me by my parents, and I don't need them."
"No thank you. I'm fine with this one I have right here." I start to type, and my fingers are moving quickly along the keys and my mind racing with ideas for new stories. "Um... I hope you don't mind my asking, but can I have the Wi-Fi?" I ask a bit sheepishly.
"Sure. Let me see your laptop." I hand it to him and watch him put in the password for the personnell Wi-Fi, which means it's the one he uses. "There ya go. All set."
"Thanks." I smile and take it back as I reclaim my position on the couch. I go back to typing and letting imagination take me away. During the time that I have to write, I finish 3 short stories and start a 4th one.
"Schylar. Will you get me some more staples from the supply closet?" He snaps me out of my trance and my head perks up quickly.
"I'm sorry, what did you ask?"
"Can you get me some staples from the supply closet? You go all the way down the hall, take a right, then take the first left, and it's the last door on your left."
"Okay. I'll be back." I leave and come back 20 minutes later with the staples in my hand. I see him with my laptop in his hands engrossed by my stories. "What are you doing?"
"What? Oh. I uh... I was reading what you wrote. How long does it take you to write these?"
"Depends. The first one about an hour, the second one about 45 minutes, and the last one about an hour and 15 minutes. I started the fourth one about ten minutes ago. Why?"
"I just wanted to know. Your stories are amazing. Are you sure you want to be a CEO? If I were you, I would choose to be an author. I could help you get your stories published if you want me to." He smiles at me and hands me back my laptop.
"No thank you. I'm fine. I don't want to be published. I've written almost 70 stories. They're all on there."
"Really? Mind if I read them?"
"Be my guest. I'll e-mail them to you if you want me to."
"I would love it. I'll do that for you." He takes my laptop back and starts to send them to himself all at once, including the new ones. "Okay. So I know that we just met and all, and that I'm your boss, but would you like to go on a date with me?"
"Sure." She says blushing hard now.
"Go ahead and take the rest of the day off. Get ready for our date. We're going to go somewhere fancy. I'll pick you up at seven." With that I leave and go home to get ready. Seven sharp, he shows up and knocks on my door. "I'm here to pick up the most beautiful girl in the world. Do you know her?" He asks as I open the door, my coat covering my body.
"Yeah. I think she lives three doors down." With that I start to mumble lyrics to a song under my breath. "You call me strong you call me weak but still your secrets I will keep. You took for granted all the times I never let you down. You stumbled in and bumped your head, if not for me then you'd be dead. I pick you up, put you back on solid ground."
"You're a fan of Three Doors Down I see. Kryptonite is, in my opinion, one of their best songs." He opens the door to a limo for me.
"Wow. You really went all out didn't you?"
"Well, I am the CEO of a major corporation." He says with a smile on his face as he gets in after me. "So, how do you feel about your boss taking you on a date?"
"Well, I honestly don't mind it. It doesn't faze me. But I will say, this is the first time I've ever dated one of my bosses."
"Well, let's hope it's the last." He says under his breath.
"What was that?"
"What? Huh? Nothing." He smiles at me and pours us a drink. "To us. May tonight go well, and may we possibly have another date." We toast to that, and down our drinks. Everything went very well that night, especially the part where he walked me to my door and kissed me... Oh, and there were nine dates after that before we started dating.