He Had Me, And I Had Him | Teen Ink

He Had Me, And I Had Him

February 5, 2017
By Travelergirl DIAMOND, Central, Utah
Travelergirl DIAMOND, Central, Utah
64 articles 5 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Do not judge my story by the chapter you walked in on"- Unknown


A rose by any other name still smells as rosy, but if you call a person a lover they become something completely different. They become your lifeline for as long as they are your sweet heart, and you would do anything to keep them. I know this from a first-hand experience. I am Matti and this is my tale of my lost lover.

He asked me to dance. How could I say no? His eyes bound me to his heart the moment I saw them. I knew that he was meant to be mine and that I was meant to be his. Fireworks went off as we glided across the dance floor. Stares came from bystanders watching us in awe at how we moved like one person. He asked me to go out with him, and I said yes. 

Life with him was a dream that I was constantly in. I loved him with my heart, and he loved me with his soul. He was not a person anymore, he was my lover. He was not an ordinary human, but instead the other half that my soul had been longing for all my life. I never wanted to let him go, but life had other plans.

One rainy night he was outside loading tools into his truck for the next morning. I warned him that metal attracted lightning, but he just laughed and continued on. I was worried for him, but he came in safe. That night we heard a loud crack. It seemed like it shook the house, then a bright light lit up the backyard. He rushed out into the freezing night without any cover beside his PJs. He shivered in the cold but pressed on to the backyard.

We found the truck in a blaze of flames. Lightning must have struck the truck igniting the gas in the chain saw and gas tank. I screamed for him to get away. He said something special was in the truck he had to get. He opened the door and winced as the metal burned into his flesh. 

He was only in there for 3 minutes before the firefighters pulled him out of the truck, but he looked like he had been in there for about 20 minutes. He was blistered and bleeding. I knew he was in critical condition.

We rushed to the hospital where nurses and doctors rushed him into OR. I waited outside. I cried my eyes out for 6 whole hours, Then I fell into painful sleep.

I woke up in the chair by his bed. He was bandaged from head to toe He couldn't speak, but I could see him looking at me. I felt relief as the doctor came in and told me he would be all right. The damage done to him though had disfigured him so he would look different when the bandages were off.

It was a long process before they were able to take te bandages off, but I stayed by his side the whole time when the day came that he would be able to speak to me, I was so happy. Slowly the doctors peeled them off and revealed a scared face with a permanent red tint. I didn't care. All I saw was the man I loved. " I love you." Where the first words that he said. I hugged him and kissed him. Tears streamed down both of our faces as the nurses smiled at how powerful our love was.

As we walked down the street people would look away in pity, but he didn't care. He had me, and I had him. He knelt down and told me he had saved the special thing. He pulled a ring and asked me to marry him. I said yes 


The author's comments:

love is stronger than it seems.....