Making Life Fun | Teen Ink

Making Life Fun

October 14, 2016
By Anonymous

Yuu kept running down the hallways, heart pounding rapidly, sweat trickling down his face trying to capture the hooded individual, all while trying to avoid students in the hallway, until he slammed into some unexpected danger.
It began couple days before Yuu transferred to his new school was called Hope Peak high school. The school allowed many people with amazing talents in and also allows people who doesn’t have any particular skill in too. He was the latter and got accepted where he heard from his father that, “life there isn’t all that bad, interesting things pop up.” Everything was plain to him and boring. He woke up abruptly from his teacher, Mr. Brunner, a bearded man with a green shirt and denim pants in his thirty’s, smacked him on the head with a history textbook, smiling down at him since this wasn’t the first time he did this, “You aren’t going to pass my exam if all you do is nap here.” Yuu groan and most of the students in his class laugh at him. Mr. Brunner breathed heavily and said, “Okay, come here after class.” After the class ended, Yuu with a tired look came into the classroom and to Mr. Brunner. “Oh, Yuu I’d like you to join the student council.” Mr. Brunner said. Bewildered and stun, Yuu said “I have A’s yes, but I don’t have any talent to be in the student council.” Mr. Brunner chuckled “Sure you do, having positivity is a talent of in itself.” Yuu bit his lips. “I just transferred here a few weeks ago, I can’t just be in the student council.” “I arranged everything for you. Plus didn’t you want something that might spark your interest?” Mr. Brunner said. “Well just think it over, okay?”
Yuu went to his dorm. When he got there, a group of people came up to him. They were from the football club. “Hey, you, you stole our money funds didn’t you, we saw that the mailman came to your room last.” “Uh… look you have a misconception, I didn’t stole anything.” A member of the student council showed up. A girl about his age with wavy, long blond hair with a detective badge, part of the student council, on the left arm came up, carrying no emotion “Compensation and I’ll help solve this mystery.” lifting her hands up, showing what she means. “Everyone here will leave and I will get to work.” The commotion died down and everyone stepped back. They went and searched his room. Then a cat pounced on Yuu and ran out of the room to the dorm, carrying an envelope in its mouth. “Hey that cat has the money. We have to get him” You barged out the door and chased after it, leaving the girl behind. “Guess the plan worked.” Still chasing the cat, he ran to the school grounds, pass some of the clubs and ran into the southeastern section of the school. “Err… this cat doesn’t give up does he.” Yuu grunted. They ran into the hallways, heavily breathing and avoiding some of the senior students in F hall, when he reach the intersection of the hallways he slammed into someone so hard it felt like he broke a few bones. “Ouch, watch where you're going man.” a teenager said with pain. “Sorry, you seen a cat around running here?” Yuu asked with a worried look. “Yeah, I think it's going up to the roof.” the teenager told him. “Thanks, see you.”
Yuu start running to the narrow stairs that lead to the roof. When he got to the roof, the cat gave the envelope to the boy. Yuu notice that a person with a badge on the left arm. “Hey give back the money.” “Nope, until you join the student council. I’m John, the president of the student council.” He said. With an exasperated sigh “Fine. I hope we get along.” They went into the student council room “So you’re going to be in the student council,” the girl from early said. “My name is Alisha. The guy you bump into is Thomas and I hope we all get along together.” Alisha said with a smile. “Huh, I guess it isn’t boring here and I guess I found a place for me here.” Yuu said.


The author's comments:

?