Alone | Teen Ink

Alone

By Rachel2beauty BRONZE, Gainesville, Florida
Rachel2beauty BRONZE, Gainesville, Florida

Ever since I could remember I've always dreamt of that fairy tail, magical life. Where you meet the most charming man that sweeps you off of your feet and takes your breath away. Over the course of you falling in love, he makes the most romantic and thoughtful proposal ever that just makes your heart melt. All of my dreams have come true. A beautiful man with the most stunning proposal and wedding living happily ever with four beautiful children. Oh how I wish that was my fate, sadly it is not. I am Lovisa Hummengton. I was born into a wealthy family that consisted of a drunken father and promiscuous mother. To say my childhood was rough would be an understatement. From seeing my father beat up my mother when he would get really drunk, to having my mother bring home different men when my father wasn't around so she could try to get a little loving that he never gave her. I was always pushed to the back of my parents mind and schedule. I don't even think they even remembered that they had a daughter. People think that money can buy happiness, if it could then why am I not happy? Do you know what it feels like to be rejected and casted away by your own Parents! For them to have never spent a birthday, holiday or special event with you! So when it would be time to bring my parent to school I would have no one,  children would be lining up excitedly with their parent and I would be in the Corner crying my eyes out thinking what have I done wrong for my parents not to even want to be in the same room as me yet let alone talk to me. As the years past me by I have been searching for any kind of love from anyone that will be able to give it to me. I remember the night, my parents had been invited to a ball but could not attend so they forced me to go. As I entered the ball I laid eyes on Herbert Bladimir, it was like fate was trying to tell me that we were meant to be that whole night we were just looking at each other from across the dance floor as if we were communicating with each other in our head. Although he didn't really have the courage right then and there to approach me because it looked like he had been accompanied by a young beautiful girl by the name of Annabelle, she was breathtaking with her long, curly jet black hair and her perfectly crisp green apple eyes, I thought in my head I could have never compete with her. As the night came to an end he finally whisked up the courage to approach me, as we spoke it felt like I entered a state of peace. From that day forward we built what I thought was a relationship. In the beginning it was magical, he treated me so special like I was the only woman on this earth,he even proposed to me; I really loved him. As our relationship continued I started to notice a few changes in him like he would be quick to anger, come home late, lie about almost everything. Although these things bothered me I just brushed them aside because I was receiving the one thing I could never get. Love. Everything started to escalated as he started to put his hands on as well as cheat on me, I wanted to leave but I felt as if I wouldn't be able to find love anywhere else so the abuse continue to rage on outside of my control. It had now become a daily thing and I am now under his control. I don't know how much more I can take. One night he came home happy, and peaceful that was a first in a long time that he has felt that way, he told me he had some news for me,  I assumed that it would be good but that quickly turned sour. He told me that he was leaving me for his long love Annabelle, I was crushed and heartbroken. I tried to beg him to stay I even told him I was pregnant but even that did not work,  he dropped our engagement of eight years and our unborn baby like a bad habit. I didn't know what to do, I was lost,confused, hurt and humiliated. Thinking about how I my life would have been like if I hadn't met him, if I hadn't forced our relationship, if my parents would have loved me and been there for me but now they are my only options were my parents and once yet again I was left alone but now I had a baby to raise that would hopefully love me despite what people would say.