A Letter To A Friend | Teen Ink

A Letter To A Friend

January 31, 2009
By Coldfire SILVER, Hammond, Louisiana
Coldfire SILVER, Hammond, Louisiana
8 articles 2 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We're too young to know that certain things are impossible, so we do them anyway." - William Penn


Dear Friend,

How are you? I hope you're happy, because I hate to see you down. When you're sad, it makes me sad. However, when I think about it, it also makes me happy knowing that you'll run to me if you need a shoulder to cry on. Standing in the silence holding you in my arms is more helpful to you (and me) than anything else. I care about you more than you know and I'm glad that you realize that, and maybe care about me as much or more. Though I'm fairly sure that's impossible.
You're the best friend I've ever had. You tell me everything, and you don't care when I make mistakes. And I guess if you ever did manage to mess up (though you would have to try really hard), I guess I wouldn't care either. I love you too much, and would rather help you through hundreds of mistakes than hold even one against you.
The time I have with you is more special to me than the air I breathe. Every new day I have with you is the best day of my life. When I hold your hand, it is quite likely that I'll never desire anything else. When you look at me, your perfect eyes are as warm and sunny as a summer afternoon, yet as sharp and piercing as a bolt of lightning in the night sky (or the piece of ice that you playfully drop down my shirt). Your hair shines more than the sun, and it captivates me, even when no one else seems to notice. You're more beautiful than I ever imagined anyone on this earth could possibly be. You're not only beautiful on the outside, but your personality and demeanor is too perfect for words. You're mature, you're goofy, you're quiet, you're funny, you're stable, you're crazy, you're smart, you're sweet, you're perfect; I can't understand how God could have included the best of everything all in one person. You are an angel.

But not just any angel. My angel.

I love how you can be goofy or serious at any time you choose. I love how you let out your adorable giggle even when I'm not particularly funny. I love how cute you look when you're confused. I love when you stare at me until I can't bear your beauty any longer. I love how you never miss a chance to lift me up. I love how you frequently give me hugs for no reason. I love everything about you. But there's only one thing I love more than all the things that I love about you.

Friend, I love you.




P.S. And Friend......I can't wait to meet you.