True Love | Teen Ink

True Love

January 5, 2016
By RockyLightwood GOLD, New York City, New York
RockyLightwood GOLD, New York City, New York
18 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
― Dr. Seuss


“How dare you!” Jack and Amber stood in the middle of the forest, rain pouring
down on their faces. Waves of fury rolled off of Amber as she glared at Jack.
     “I did it for you. For us,” he explained. Amber scoffed, not believing a word he said.
     “There was no ‘us’ the moment you touched him,” Amber replied.
     “I told you. He's not good for you, not meant for you,” Jack said.
      “But who are you to decide that? He won and you lost. End of story,” Jack pinched the bridge of his nose and took a deep breath.
     “He cheated.”
     “You're just saying that,” Amber said. Jack growled and pushed her against a tree. Amber gasped in pain and surprise, he never physically harmed her before.
     “ What don't you understand? You think Drake entered your contest because he actually loved you. He wanted to win because he knew it would boost his status if people knew he won the challenging contest. He never truly loved you, not like I did ,” Jack replied. He let go of her and started pacing. Amber slid down to the moist ground, absorbing the new information. The shock of his words hit her like a bulldozer.
     Yeah, sometimes Drake was an attention hogger. But, I can't believe he would go that far!Wait! What does Jack mean “not like I did?” Did he really love me?, she thought. Amber thought back to the times she hung out with him. He wouldn't allow her to socialize with other boys, turning  her attention to him only.
                        Flashback: 2 months ago
.    “Bye, Bryan. I'll see you tomorrow,” Amber said, walking to soccer field. Amber normally left as soon as school ended, but Jack wanted her to stay for his practice. The bleachers were empty because school finished, so she sat in the back. She searched for Jack until she spotted him waving at her. She naturally waved back. With a sigh, Amber took out my homework that was due tomorrow.
     Sarah sells necklaces for $50 each. She sells 40 necklaces in a month at this price. If she applied a 10% discount to the price of her necklaces, she would sell an additional 10 necklaces in a month. How much additional money would Sarah make in sales if she sold her necklaces with the 10% discount for a month? OMG, this problem is so hard!, she thought. Amber was still thinking about the answer when a voice jarred her out of her thoughts.
     “The answer is $250.00,” Amber jumped up in her seat, her head snapping up. There Jack stood, in his regular clothes.
     “Practice ended 30 minutes ago,” He said, answering her unasked question.
     “Sorry, I lost track of time!,” Amber apologized.
     “That’s alright. You look cute when you scrunch your nose,” Jack replied. Amber blushed at the compliment. She quickly gathered her stuff and they headed to her car.
     “So, who was that guy you were talking to?,” He asked.
      “ Oh, that was Bryan. He is from my English class and he was asking about the project. Why?,” I asked. Jack nonchalantly shrugged.
     “He is not a good guy. You should stay away from him,” He said. Amber huffed in annoyance.
     “You say that about every boy who talks to me!” Jack remained silent. Just as Amber started the car, Jack spoke.
     “Sorry.”
     “It's alright.” Amber replied.
                               Flashback ended
     OMG, he does love me. How have I not noticed? I need to fix things!, Amber thought.
     “Let's go to his house,” Amber said.