Just You and Me | Teen Ink

Just You and Me

December 11, 2015
By TheCyberGirl BRONZE, Jakarta, New York
TheCyberGirl BRONZE, Jakarta, New York
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I’m Karlie Victoria, I have the worst life ever. I’m a sophomore at Tribeca Academy, New York. I joined the math club, but it wasn’t the worst, the worst is the teacher. I don’t know what have I done with this guy, he’s making my miserable life even miserable. Well, I think I should take back the word worst, its just bad I think. I have the best boy friend I could possibly ask for, his name is Joshua everyone called him Josh.
One day at school, I went to school and attended a math class, with this horrible teacher for 2 consecutive hours. This is basically how my day went with him. This teacher name is Mr. Trevor, so the bell rang and I entered the class. As I entered the class, “Why are you late, Karlie?” Mr. Trevor said. “The bell just rang sir” I said. “More like, you’re in my class and I’m saying you’re late” he said. “Excuse me?” I said. “Go to the damn administration office and take the late ticket” he said. So, I went to the administration office and take the late ticket, then I entered the class. Now, did anyone get the idea why I hate Mr. Trevor so much? As I entered the class, there is only one seat left, and its on the corner left of the class. “So I have to sit there?” I said. “You’re late Karlie, deal with it!” he answered. I watched him explained mathematics subjects about geometry, its really boring, I mean it. I yawned, then Mr. Trevor said “very boring, I know Karlie”. “class, your friend here think this is boring. So I know whats fun, classwork could be fun right?” Mr. Trevor said and he gave us a sheet of paper with 5 questions in it and its not easy. The whole class stares at me with that death stare. Since the question wasn’t easy so I raised my hand, “sir, would you mind to explain how to do number 5?” I asked him politely. “I’m sure you can do it by yourself, its easy right?” he said. I rolled my eyes, “what did you do just now?” he asked. “I’m thinking how to do number 5” I answered. “Karlie I saw you rolled your eyes sweety” he said. “My apology” I answered. A couple minutes later one girl named Taylor McGlee asked Mr. Trevor how to do number 2, it was really easy, really really easy. Mr. Trevor responded this Taylor’s girl and literally explained every single step to do this easy little pathetic question. I’m pissed, I’m really pissed. He’s choosing this not smart girl over me. I’m the one who won the New York Mathematics Contest and I am bronze awardee on International Mathematics Olympiad, not her. The worst today was this scene, when he told Taylor she’s going on a math contest. “Taylor, would you go to a mathematics contest?” he said. I baffled, I couldn’t believe he did that. “I think you’re choosing the wrong person Mr. Trevor. I’m a 2-years winning, perfect scorer at New York Mathematics Contest and I won IMO, not to mention any other competition that I’ve won,” I said as I stand up for myself. “Karlie, its just a state competition, no big deal for you” he said. “Well, I would see myself win another title Mr. Trevor” I said. “I’m sorry but I don’t think you should join this competition” he said.
Finally the bell rang indicates that the class is overed; I hold my tears and leave the class. Its lunch, so I went to the cafeteria and find Josh. “Josh I need to talk, its been bothering me?” I said to Josh. “You sound really mad” Josh said. “Apparently, I am Josh” I said. “So, what happened?” he said. “Mr. Trevor, Mr. Trevor makes my day miserably hard” I said. “I mean, I’m the state and world champion on mathematics, what did do to him Josh. I don’t know what I did wrong, I really don’t know. And he chose Taylor over me, she’s not even smart enough” I continued while crying. “Shh. shh. Hey sweetie, you’re perfect. Don’t cry, you know Mr. Trevor he is always like that. He hates when someone beats him, and you certainly did” he kissed me on my lips. “You know what, I’ll finish my problems with Mr. Trevor” I said. Then, I went to Mr. Trevor’s office, “sir, do you have a minute. I would like to talk to you for a while” I said. “Sure, please sit” he instructed me to sit. “sir, I sincerely apologize if I disrespect you sometimes, but I would love to hear some explanation of why you’re choosing Taylor over me” I asked. “That is not for discussion Karlie” he said. “I understand, I’m deeply sorry for my behavior. Thank you for your time sir” I said as I stand up and about to leave his office. “You’re not going to the state competition Karlie, I got a call from MIT and they guarantee a spot for you to go there, 2 years from now. I’m in shock, I couldn’t believe it, its literally my dream university and now I know they’re giving a spot for me? That’s amazing. “Thank you sir, thank you” I said. I leaved his office and smiling with joy. Josh is waiting outside and I told him that I’m accepted at MIT, he is really happy for me. “So, how if we celebrate tonight at my house?” I said. “of course, just you and me right” he said. “just you and me” I assure him. Well, it turned out that my life is the best life anyone could ask for, I was wrong.


The author's comments:

My real life, but i don't win those competition and i haven't got accepted on MIT yet.