Blue and Green | Teen Ink

Blue and Green

By EmliyGassen.VeganRunner SILVER, Centennial, Colorado
EmliyGassen.VeganRunner SILVER, Centennial, Colorado

"When you are going through hell, keep going"

Blue and Green

She smile and encourages him to talk. Thinking in her head, this could be something more. He was a co-worker, higher up in the profession, but still with respect for her. He owed her a favor for driving him home one day, so she ordered him to buy her a drink. It was a devious plan. She wanted him, she liked him. They are at the bar, and as he agrees with the thoughts she presents, it filled her soul with hope.

They spoke with passion of interest. Both with a limited prop of only a bottle. Her’s was empty and filled with nervousness, knowing not to ask for another as he was buying. His own, was half full, and was only purchased out of respect. Did he like her? It is hard to tell. Even she had to ponder, under eyes blind with hope and dreams. Their philosophies were far too similar to ignore. Both young. Both with passion. Definitely something between them. Something could and probably should happen.

One is green. Happiness and envy. The color everyone wanted to be. He was seemingly happy and could always find the face, but a dark secret covered, for green did not let himself be exposed. The other is blue. Sadness and tranquility. Blue often looks sad, but she cannot help it, for the tears would drive themselves. On the outside blue is sad, but inside she keeps the water still, to keep the serenity, to keep the peace. Blue is still, yet with a crashing wave of cause inside.

She expressed to him her love of nature, of the things she liked to do. He agreed, he truly did, as if her words were pulling him. Her words, though simple conversation, were strong, they crawled on his skin and broke into his veins. He felt something, something he liked, almost loved, in her. She began to glow, and smile again. And the connection between them increased.

It was four in the afternoon, on a subline Saturday Spring, when she suggested they walk to the park. A place they both knew the ambiance was right. Where grass is dark green and the sky a light blue.

They would lay in a shaded patch of soft grass. Under a pine tree watching the earth move under it’s fat, cotten friends. Not talking much. She had no need to try and lead the conversation anymore, because the water now staying still. She was relaxed and at peace with the ground. Inching her hand closer to his, but not touching it, for fear it was a thought too far. She wanted to enjoy every moment with him and would not encourage and ending.

He would look at her, with compassion now. Did her like her? One would observe so. But if given his status, he is higher up, respected her, his higher also respected him. She knew she could love him, and he might love her too, but would it be expressed, could it expressed, it should, but should not.

Appearance are too valued. Did he like her? It does not matter; of course he did, still does, and still will. It was a matter of would he like her enough to blind his own value of what others would think.

She knew this. And was hopeful. She liked him. And was hopeful. But that was all should be for him. Hopeful.

I have been trying to writ e short stories, because usually I only write poems. So i wrote this love story. Please let me know what you thing.