Rag Doll | Teen Ink

Rag Doll

By MariahLina15 SILVER, Ventnor City, New Jersey
MariahLina15 SILVER, Ventnor City, New Jersey

"Maybe it's not about the happy ending, maybe it's about the story." -A

You drive me insane; i am completley mad, beyond repair. The sad part is I don't even know why. Why do i try to impress you?
Get to know you? When all you see me as is dirty laundry
and can toss around, until you feel like snatching it up off the floor.
How do you think that laundry feels, face smushed into the ground, nothing to do until you
grab it by the arm and toss it around like a rag doll? I am not a rag doll, nor will I be treated like one.
You push me into the sky, hopes high, only to drag me down and remind me that people never change.
Sometimes you treat me like a delicate white rose, whose petals could collapse any second.
Other times like a young child who is hysterical because Mr. Cuddles got lost at the grocery store.
I daresay I like you more in this state; but I don't. It's not you. sympethetic, compassionate, and polite do not define you.
You are more like a bipolar, charming, says-i'm-sorry-to-get-you-to-stay guy.
But I don't mind. I never mind it. Some see your heart as being filled with black, tar to the rim.
But me? No. I see that little speck of light, and I am dumb enough to believe it will consume you heart whole
and you'll wake up one morning ready to be as gentle as a baby lamb.
But you? Your are as sly as a fox, and as slippery as an eel. But your also as blind as Stevie Wonder.
To blind to see that I am drowning. You are drowning me, sufficating me into a sea of questions, wishes, and whys.
My cranuim is like a ticking time bomb, ready to explode in 1.34 seconds.
My body is that of a frail, young child's.
My mind is like an unstable, inhibited, off-the-rocker person who is been trapped
in a yellow room with cushions smuthering the walls around them.
You? You are as healthy as ever. Blind, but happy in an everything-is-always-okay type of way.
You can't see that you are ruining me; draining me like a caprisun, then filling me up with air,
only to throw me to the ground and stomp on me. But it's okay I dont mind; i never will...

"..."