Distance Makes the Heart Grow Fonder | Teen Ink

Distance Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

By JacindaBridges7-1-13 BRONZE, Grover, North Carolina
JacindaBridges7-1-13 BRONZE, Grover, North Carolina

"The past can hurt,you can either run from it or learn from it." The Lion King

Once upon a time there was a girl named Jacinda, She met a wonderful prince named Bayne. His family owned every piece of land that the eye could see. Bayne thought that Jacinda was the most extravagant and the most elegant and beautiful girl in the whole kingdom of Loreto and he would do anything to make her his princess. Jacinda was a peasant girl and she looked nothing like a princess, her clothes where torn and dirty from cleaning out the kings stables and washing the floor. She looked like she just got out of the pig pin rolling in the mud. Jacinda’s father was very loving and felt guilty for being gone for most of her life so he vowed that he would give her anything her heart desired. The one thing that she has always wanted was to be loved and never hurt like she has 1,000 times before.

Bayne, the handsome prince with sparkling green eyes and shaggy blond hair road his horse that Jacinda takes great care of named Zeus around the whole town and some parts of the country side every day in search of his future princess. When Jacinda found out that he was looking for her and that he wanted to take her back to his palace to have a wonderful celebration of the prince’s engagement Jacinda hid from him because she didn’t want him to reject her because she was a peasant girl not royalty.

On July-1st -1713 Jacinda was cleaning the kings stables and was cleaning Zeus’s stall out, Bayne came to the stables to take his daily ride through the town in search for Jacinda. Jacinda was walking out of the stables and ran in to Bayne. She was in shock and extremely embarrassed. “Oh price Bayne I am extremely sorry” said Jacinda in nervousness than the handsome price would recognize her. “It’s ok madam, what is your name miss?” “Umm... my name is...uhh; price Bayne I need to tell you something.” Said Jacinda she was very scared to tell the prince that she was the girl he has been looking for. Bayne has been looking for Jacinda for 37 days.” Prince Bayne my name is Jacinda the girl that was at the royal ball 37 days ago.” Bayne pulled Jacinda’s hair back and whipped the dirt from her face. When he saw her face and looked into her beautiful bright sparkling blue eyes he smiled with his perfect smile and kissed her.

“Jacinda you will no longer have to clean or cook or have torn and warn out clothes you are now a princess and always will be till the day you and I die. I promise,” said Bayne with tears rolling down his face. “Bayne why are you crying?” said Jacinda. “Because I found the love of my like and every time I say your name my hands get numb and I get butterflies in my stomach. I am so glad I found a person like you, I don’t know where I would be with out you.” Said Bayne.

Bayne ran to take Zeus out and take his love to her parents and to tell her father how he feels about her and that he would like to marry her and take her and her family back to the palace so that they could live with the rest of the royal family.

Jacinda’s father was so delighted that the Prince of Loreto wants to marry his beloved daughter that he cried and was delighted to have the price as a son in-law. Jacinda’s mother was so shocked that the prince wanted to marry a peasant girl who cleaned the kings stabled and took care of his entire live stalk that she had also cried and told the prince that she would let her daughter marry him.

Bayne was so delighted that he told jacinda’s family to forget about packing up their stuff and to sell all of it and they wouldn’t have to worry about a thing and just to come to the palace to have the biggest feast that the kingdom has ever had. Jacinda’s family hasn’t eaten in 3 days and they were starving. They ran to the palace.

Bayne and Jacinda celebrated there engagement for 10 days then they got married, Jacinda’s family lives in the palace with her and her husband. Jacinda and Bayne were married for 105 years and they both die together holding hands in there bed in there sleep. Before they both died they said to each other “Baby I have loved you since the first time I laid my eyes on you and I am so happy that I got to spend 105 years married to the love of my life. See you on the flip side babe . I will love u forever and always no matter what.”

Bayne and Jacinda lived a wonderful long life together and they will always live happy ever after.

This story is for my boyfriend