Growing Lesbian | Teen Ink

Growing Lesbian

May 24, 2013
By Maryflor20511315 BRONZE, Perth Amboy, New Jersey
Maryflor20511315 BRONZE, Perth Amboy, New Jersey
2 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Friendship is like a flower it blooms to an extent but eventually it will wilt and die.


Chapter 1: Still Adjusting



It was the middle of seventh grade, I was just twelve. I was 5’2” and had meat on me but no where near fat. I had long black hair that I always straightened, since it had a slight wave to it. I wasn't happy because I had little friends. I was still getting used to the town I moved into a year ago.

The apartment we moved into was smaller than our old one, but it was okay in comparison. I shared a room with my sister, Dana, for a while until she moved out to live with her boyfriend and his mom.

Dana was a cute girl, who always stayed stuck in her books. She was 5’5” and chubby, she had an innocent face and her innocence showed in her demeanor. She was older that me. Seventeen. School was everything to my sister, at least before we moved here.

Our room was pretty decent, spacious. The walls were baby pink, a color I always hated. A nice sized closet and what caught my eye was that there was a big hole on the corner of the closet. We had a day bed. It have pearl white metal bars in an intricate design. I loved its complicity. I loved everything complicated. I think I just made everything complicated.