Thanks Vicky | Teen Ink

Thanks Vicky

By SoulPoetry PLATINUM, Sierra Madre, California
SoulPoetry PLATINUM, Sierra Madre, California

"I will work harder" (animal farm boxer the horse)

Her name was Delilah; My name is Derek and this is my story. I remember the moment I first met her. Those hazelnut eyes that sparkled shyly, her hair the shade of the summer sun, and that smile of hers which reminded me of a milk white crescent moon. She was a shy girl, always stayed away from the others, yet once you get to know her she's wild and peppy almost like a cheerleader. Our first encounter didn't occur until the middle of the year in AP English. I was an outsider to the world. No one knew my name but I knew theirs. Once Ms. Lancaster called my name (for the first time this year) to answer a question regarding whether fire or ice will destroy the world the Frost work "Fire and Ice" I simply answered her: "Well Ms. Lancaster, personally I believe that desire will destroy mankind because of the desire for power and control." "Well Mr. Montez, I highly concur with your response, now I shall ask your colleague Delilah here for her interpretation. Ms. Daniels, how you believe the world will meet its demise according to Frost?" she said sternly. "Ms. Lancaster I agree with Derek." those words "with Derek" struck me. I couldn't here another word she was saying. "How does she know my first name? Lancaster always calls us by our last names and she has never called me out in the entire year!" I pondered and wondered gaily drifting off into a daydream. I wonder. "Mr. Montez!" the sound of my name was overpowered by the sound of a sword like ruler crashing onto my desk. Ms. Lancaster gives me her signature "devil's eye" "Mr. Montez. Would you like to repeat what your friend Delilah said?" Friend? Does she really think that I, out of all people, have any friends? I'm a 5'6 junior with no athletic ability, a pretty important factor for popularity around my school, I have no talents- that I show to people, and I don't talk to people in general. Might as well isolate me in solitary confinement, it won't hurt me. Well I have an question to answer. "Ummm, Delilah said that....." I blank out, almost ready to faint, until I see from the corner of my eye: her luscious lips mouthing the answer at my beck and call. "She believed that Hatred will end the world because desire and hatred coincide therefore hatred encourages all evil" hopefully Ms. Lancaster doesn't notice that an angel answered my prayer. "That's..... correct Mr. Montez" Ms. Lancaster says with too much surprise in her tone. "Thank you Delilah!" slipped out of my mouth too loud. I saw her mouth the words "You're welcome Derek." Those beautiful pair of lips are framed in my mind now. After the ear deafening sound of the bell,class ends, I mindlessly walk over to my guardian angel in disguise. "Hi Derek!" Delilah says gleefully and energetically. "Ummm hi Delilah. How do you know my name? We never talk and the teacher always calls me by my last name." sounding slightly harsher than I intended. "Well, this might sound weird but I was your sister's best friend, before she died. She always talk about how much of an amazing brother you were." How did Delilah know my sister Victoria? Victoria never mentioned Delilah, but a girl named Faith. "Can I ask you one quick question?" I say shyly. "Of course Derek!" "Is there any chance that your name is Faith?" "How did you know?" Delilah gives me the look of a stern mother of the devil. "My sister's best friend was named Faith. I just guessed. Why did you change your name?" "It's because Faith is my mother's name..... I hate my mother!" she screams at me, her hazel eyes are on the verge of tears. "Delilah..." I say in my best comforting tone though I have never had to comfort anyone except Victoria. "I'm sorry for intruding your personal life." "Derek...." sniffling and wiping those petal soft eyelids. "I'm sorry for overreacting Derek, can I tell you something?" "Sure Delilah" I notice I was staring into her eyes. "i'm in love with you, Victoria always told me the best things about you and I fell in love with everything she told me!" she says almost bellowing at me. "Delilah, Victoria told me so much about you, how you're a kind, funny, gentle, and beautiful individual." I'm spilling my heart out at the moment. "I didn't know that it was you! I want to tell you now that you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen in my entire life. You are the sun that shine in the midst of a long winter, the moon that eclipse the sun, and the stars that shine brightly in the sky. If only Vicky were alive, she would've told me that it was you. I too fell in love with you though we never knew each other." my eyes suddenly see her lips pucker. "Derek, please kiss me." those words triggered me to lean closer, so close I smell the summer breeze in her hair. I felt as if I traveled to heaven and back with just that one kiss. My heart pounded faster than a supersonic jet. The most beautiful girl, kissing me! She's in my arms when I say, "Delilah?" "Yes?" she asks sheepishly "Be mine..." so sincerely I said it. "Derek. I'll be yours forever!" That day on we became the power couple at our school. All thanks to Vicky.

This is my first romance story.

on Apr. 29 2013 at 7:26 pm

Thanks :)  

on Apr. 29 2013 at 7:17 pm
SleepingDragon58, Groose Pointe, Michigan
Wow that was really good  

on Apr. 29 2013 at 7:14 pm
Fallen_ PLATINUM, Quakertown, Pennsylvania

" a shattered world is only an opening into a new beginning with laughs, smiles, and love all around enter the world of the light and away from the broken darkness"

really good :3 i liked how it was descriptive and kinda romantic its ws just really fun to read good job :3

on Apr. 29 2013 at 7:14 pm
Brittany-NamedTheFluffMastahNumber2 GOLD, Milford, Connecticut

The person that you'd take a bullet for is behind the trigger.
(song)
Miss Missing You - Fall Out Boy (:

awwwwwww so cutteeee