Springtime Love

“You can’t catch me!” Mason ran toward me, the skidding of his feet swiping away the grass below his soles. This was the time that I loved the most; the time where I could let the sun bathe me in its warmth... spring time. The trees blew in my direction, the wind picking at my dress and propelling it upwards.

“You’re running too fast!” I turned around, slowing my pace enough to see his face. Wide brightly lit green eyes, silky jet black hair. He was the boy who had gone through everything with me. The boy I had lost my heart to.

“Well, I guess you’re just going to have to run faster.” I giggled, spreading out my arms to catch the wind.

Warm arms snaked their way around my waist, lifting me off my feet in a swift motion. I laughed, feeling the warmth of Mason’s arms as he twirled me in the air.

“You’re beautiful, you know that Mariah?’ He placed me on the ground, laying me across from him.

“I know you're just saying-“My words were cut off as his warm lips crashed against mine. His hands traveled to the back of my head, grasping my curly ringlets between his fingertips.

At that moment, I knew Mason was the guy who I had always dreamed of. The one who would love me unconditionally. Spring will always be my favorite season. The season in which I found my love.

RomanticPhilosopher said...
Apr. 12, 2013 at 7:08 am
Amazing. I loved it. It's very hard to capture the emotion between two people, such that the words become their own. I love the idea of true love, especially in romantic writing. You are really good! I look foward to reading more of your work! ~RomanticPhilosopher~

Riah772 replied...
Apr. 12, 2013 at 9:05 am
Thank you. I really appreciate the comment. I enjoy writing romance stories but mostly with a big twist.i tried this out and I'm glad you liked it!