Love is Lost

He touched the little box in his pocket and smiled. Rebecca was a beautiful girl. At 25, she already had her master’s degree in biotechnology. She had a plan; she knew what she wanted to do with the rest of her life and he hoped, prayed, he was a part of it. He’d practiced all night, how would he start? What would he say to make her say yes? What if she said no!? He had asked Ben for advice, for he had just asked Annie to marry him. Obviously she said yes. Ben's’ advice wasn't as helpful as Tanner had hoped.

“Tanner. Rebecca will say yes. Just get deep. Like all the way in there.” Ben then insisted on getting drunk at Dino’s, the bar down the street. Tanner had refused. He was proposing tomorrow not getting married. No bachelor party tonight. As Tanner drove home last night he debated whether to ask his dad for advice as well or not. He decided not to, a jail visit wasn't going to make this any easier on him. He drove home and went straight to bed. As he laid under his navy blue comforter that Rebecca had gotten him for their 4 month anniversary he contemplated the way he’d ask. Rebecca will say yes. He knew she would.

As Tanner drove to the small park he had promised to meet Rebecca at he was deep in thought. When the light turned red in front of him he didn't even realize. He just missed the truck what hit his rear end and was struck by another truck. Tanner died instantly. He never got the love of his life to say yes. When Rebecca arrived at the hospital all the doctors said was,

“He wanted to give you this, he loved you.”

When Rebecca opened the small box she saw the diamond ring that would have been on her finger if Tanner had been more careful. She broke down into tears and screamed at the world for taking her true love, Tanner away. She would always love him.

directioner173 said...
today at 7:59 am:
That was absolutly amazing. you have real talent in writing

Mickey17 replied...
today at 10:46 am :
Thank you very much! I really love this piece!