The One | Teen Ink

The One

By Tarrin BRONZE, Craigsville, West Virginia
Tarrin BRONZE, Craigsville, West Virginia

Dating before thinking about marriage is like going shopping without money. You either stand around being miserable wanting everything, or end up taking something that doesn't belong to you.

The One

The day was February 7, 2013. Tyler, a fifteen year ol boy, was on his way to a West Virginia youth convention in Charleston,l West Virginia. Little did he know, this weekend would change his life, forever.

Tyler and his church's youth group (Gentry Fitzwater, Caleb Toney, and Luke Angel) made it to the convention. They got to the hotel in which they were staying and started to get ready. Tyler shared a room with Luke, Caleb, and Gentry. "Man, I cannot wait until the services start!" exclaimed Gentry.

"Ah," started Luke,"You ain't wantin' to get spiritual. You just wanna see your girlfriend." he said teasingly.

"That may be true, but I still cannot wait for church to start."

"Yeah, there will be awesome services," Luke agreed. Tyler, at that time, was laying in the bed daydreaming.

"Whats wrong?" asked Gentry," You seem distracted. Aren't you excited about the conference?"

"Well," he started to explain," I just don't feel right about Anna."

"Well you are stupid if you are thinking about breaking up with her."

"Why do u say that?"

"Well she is a very beautiful girl; way more beautiful than what you could ever get again."

"Well thanks," he said sarcastically,"I don't know though. I will just see how today go's."

"Thats a good idea."

After everyone finished getting ready, they left for the service. When they got to the church where the services were being held, they met up with a boy named Bryce Grayley. Bryce was a good friend of theirs. They were all talking, and about that time Tyler's ex-girlfriend walked over to where they were all standing. "Hello," she said with a smile on her face." What are y'all talking about?"

"Hey Chasity," Bryce said,"We aren't really talking about much."

They all talked for a while before and after church that night. Then they all had to leave the services.

Back at the hotel that night, Tyler was talking to Caleb."Man, I don't know. I am still in love with Chasity. Mabye that is why I don't feel right just being with Anna."

"Well," Caleb said,"If she is the one you love, then ask her to give you a secong chance. It's better than going your whole life not knowing whether or not she feels the same."

"Yeah, I guess you are right, but what about Anna? I don't wanna hurt her."

"You need to be with the one you love. I bet she will understand."

"Ok," said Tyler, he called Anna and broke up with her, then he called Chasity and asked for the second chance that he so longed for.

"Yes!" she exclaimed,"I've really missed you, and I will always have an unconditional love for you that can never be broken. You have honestly just made my day."

"I love you too, Chasity,"I've got to go, but I'll talk to you in the morning."

"Ok, bye." they hung up their phones and went to bed.

The next day, they planned to go out to eat, to the mall, then play laser tag.

"Why are you taking her to go play laser tag?" Gentry asked puzzled,"It's so unromantic!"

Tyler replied with a smug grin on his face,"It's dark in the laser tag arena."

Later that day, Tyler met up with Chasity for dinner, then they walked around in the mall for a while. Tyler bought Chasity a pair of black high healed shoes that she had been wanting. Then they went to play laser tag. Tyler wanted to be on the same team as Chasity, but it didn't work out that way. Tyler ended up finding her in the arena. He led her to a secluded part of the arena. Nobody was there except for them. They could, finally, be alone. He hugged her. She lay her head on his chest. He kissed her forehead. Chasity started to look up and when she did, their lips met. From that day on, Tyler knew that Chasity was, in fact, the one.

This is the almost 100% true story of my first kiss.

MariahPotter PLATINUM, Lansing, Michigan

“We dream in our waking moments, and walk in our sleep.” -scarlett letter

Cute Story! I like it(: A couple words were mispelt but thats fine, it happens (: