First Sight | Teen Ink

First Sight

By believeindreams963 BRONZE, Woodland Park, Colorado
believeindreams963 BRONZE, Woodland Park, Colorado

"You can be anything you want to be, but whatever you are, be a good one."

Love is powerful. A force to never be reckoned with, yet it can throw us for a loop when we think we have it all figured out. But sometimes that's just not the case, you have to take a chance and see where it takes you. Never know, could end up right where you're supposed to be.

"Carolyne, calm down! Really, everything will be alright." Lora said. It was Carolyne's wedding day and she was, nervous, to put it lightly.
"What if he's not who I think he'll be!" Carolyne exclaimed.
"You've known him for 6 years Carolyne! I think you know him by now."
"I suppose that's a good point... I just feel like, never mind, I'm being silly."
"You love him don't you?"
"Yes, I do."
"Then there you have it. Can you finish getting ready now?"
"Alright!"
Carolyne had this idea of the perfect romance. She figured when you knew, you knew, and the problem was that she didn't know.
Carolyne is engaged to Leo Lukedanel. His family is one of the wealthiest know to all of Whales, and the two have known each other since they were kids. Their families decided the marriage would look good to the rest of the country, seeing rich marry less rich. Everyone was in agreement.
"Carolyne, you look dashing!" Her mother said in tears, "How lucky you are to be marrying into such wealth."
"Yes, very luck I am indeed."
"Oh get you head up! It's a long walk over to the church. I will see you there my lovely daughter!"
"Your Mom is something else Carolyne." Lora said as she rolled her eyes.
"Well, we best start walking," Carolyne sighed.
The walk was two miles to the church and everyone was watching the bride to be, but one pair of eyes caught her attention, a boy on horseback. He had blue eyes and dark brown hair and she couldn't believe he was smirking. Whatever took hold of her was strong as she took off towards him. He stayed motionless and smiled.
"Who might you be?" She asked.
"I'm Jacob," the boy replied, “and you must be Carolyne, the bride to be.”
“That is who I am. I don’t recall seeing you in town, do you live here?”
“I’m just in town visiting actually, I live in Italy.”
“I’ve always wanted to go to Italy, seems like such a beautiful country.”
“Maybe one day I’ll see yo-“

“Carolyne! Let’s go, we’ll be late!” Lora interrupted.

“Please excuse me, Jacob.” Carolyne said as she offered a sweet smile to the boy.

“Goodbye, Carolyne.” He whispered back.

Carolyne struggled back to Lora because everything in her was telling her not to leave. She had to lose those thoughts; she was about to be married! She tried to think about how much she truly wanted to be with Leo, but every time she thought of Jacob.

“Here we are,” Lora smiled, expecting Carolyne to do the same, “you look a little down for someone who is about to be married.”

“Tell Leo I’m terribly sorry, but I do not love him. There is someone I have to find.” Carolyne said as she ran off.

She ran back down the trail so fast she stumbled at the end, but someone was there to catch her.

“Jacob-“

“Hello again, Ms. Carolyne.” Jacob couldn’t help but smile, “if you would still like to see Ital-“

“I would love nothing more,” she replied with a kiss.