The Break Up Note

I clench at the cold stone wall behind me. This was it, this was the end. The wind teases my clothing as I wait to jump.
I hear yells coming from the town square below. I pull the note out of my pocket and read it once more.

I'm sorry that I can't say this to your face, but you are going nowhere and dragging me with you. One day you'll get off you treadmill and actually get from A to B, but I can't wait until then. I'm sorry.

Rage filled me up once more. I didn't understand what he was talking about with the treadmill. It was some stupid metaphor. I crumpled it up in my hand and began to step. The yelling got louder. My foot just dangled there. I slowly released my grip of the wall. The wind seemed to blow harder and my clothes began to flap around me. It felt like I was in my own mini tornado.
I suddenly felt a strange sensation. My eyes began to drift down and I saw the street below. I saw the crowd of people that had gathered to see my death, but my eyes had already locked onto one face.

It was him...

He was yelling up at me. He was crying. My face bust out into a smile and I reached for him with a hand. His name was on my lips.
Then I tripped. I fell. I could still see his face as I carried on falling. My scream echoed in my head as I fell into the blackness.

Sparkle1popsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oh my gosh that was really sad! I like how you had a twist in the end. 

Ellie M. replied...
Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:54 am :
Aw thank you!

jettabugThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
You're a very talented writer! Your writing touches so many hearts, including mine, and is relatable to all ages.

Ellie M. replied...
Nov. 4, 2012 at 11:47 am :
awrrr thank you!

Snowflakes said...
I liked this a lot. I like how you show how people can react in times of desperation. It was really good to read, and from your other work, it's clear you're very talented :) 

Ellie M. replied...
Nov. 2, 2012 at 10:53 am :
Thank you so much!

Music-Maniac1498 said...
Oct. 31, 2012 at 10:22 am:
This almost made me cry! I love it

Ellie M. replied...
Oct. 31, 2012 at 11:52 am :
Thank you!

AthenaMarisaDeterminedbyFateThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 31, 2012 at 8:12 am:
This is good. You could maybe clarify where she is a little bit better, but I like how you never gave a straight out location, and never stated, "I am at the top of a building."

Ellie M. replied...
Oct. 31, 2012 at 11:53 am :
Thanks a lot!