Judge of the night | Teen Ink

Judge of the night

By EternalMadness GOLD, Fresno, California
EternalMadness GOLD, Fresno, California

They say it's what you make
I say it's up to fate
It's woven in my soul
I need to let you go
Your eyes, they shine so bright
I want to save their light
I can't escape this now
Unless you show me how
When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It’s where my demons hide

Would it be okay if I called on you? We could sit real close, gaze at the world through blurry eyes while I judge every move you make. We could dance under the stars for they judge every breath we take. We could move against each other even though we belong to others. You could sing into my ear and tell me things you've never let anyone hear. I'll keep your secrets close to me just like I keep you, in my dreams. We could kiss by the light of the moon while you judge everything I do... And I gaze at you with loving eyes though we both know this "love" will merely last one night.

I met someone who was mysterious and caught my eye. This person came up to me and said "Let me judge you" then smiled and walked away.

on Sep. 17 2012 at 4:02 pm
Untouchable-Summer SILVER, Cranford, New Jersey

Even the best fall down sometimes

This is so beautiful and I loved reading it, captures so much of adolescense. Keep writing please!!

on Sep. 4 2012 at 12:42 am
EternalMadness GOLD, Fresno, California

They say it's what you make
I say it's up to fate
It's woven in my soul
I need to let you go
Your eyes, they shine so bright
I want to save their light
I can't escape this now
Unless you show me how
When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It’s where my demons hide

I don't write for comments or for praise though I do ask people to read my stuff because if I don't how will it ever be brought into the world? This means a lot to me though thank you dearly.

on Aug. 30 2012 at 2:44 pm
Nguyenkhanh SILVER, Ho Chi Minh, Other

“I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.”

Dear EternalMadness, this little tune is fun to imagine and play around with. For me, serious poetry is one thing- though this is not. This is not in the common aesthetic sense, because it was written out of immaculate, young, a young love preparing to burst into the world. A reflection of the love we were all born from. I do hope that you have not written this for sheer comments. I like it, this is as a fuzzy chocolate drink for me...and i'm here in england, looking out into London. so thank you :)