Judge of the night

Would it be okay if I called on you? We could sit real close, gaze at the world through blurry eyes while I judge every move you make. We could dance under the stars for they judge every breath we take. We could move against each other even though we belong to others. You could sing into my ear and tell me things you've never let anyone hear. I'll keep your secrets close to me just like I keep you, in my dreams. We could kiss by the light of the moon while you judge everything I do... And I gaze at you with loving eyes though we both know this "love" will merely last one night.

Untouchable-Summer said...
This is so beautiful and I loved reading it, captures so much of adolescense. Keep writing please!!

EternalMadness said...
Sept. 4, 2012 at 12:42 am
I don't write for comments or for praise though I do ask people to read my stuff because if I don't how will it ever be brought into the world? This means a lot to me though thank you dearly.

Nguyenkhanhtran said...
Dear EternalMadness, this little tune is fun to imagine and play around with. For me, serious poetry is one thing- though this is not. This is not in the common aesthetic sense, because it was written out of immaculate, young, a young love preparing to burst into the world. A reflection of the love we were all born from. I do hope that you have not written this for sheer comments. I like it, this is as a fuzzy chocolate drink for me...and i'm here in england, looking out into London. so than... (more »)