Beautiful's Also My Best Friend | Teen Ink

Beautiful's Also My Best Friend

By Rosewater14 SILVER, Laguna Hills, California
Rosewater14 SILVER, Laguna Hills, California

He’s tall, dark, and handsome, a true prince charming, manners and all. He’s athletic, likable, sweet, and caring. Unfortunately, for some reason unknown to man, he’s also my best friend.

“Hey Alexa! Girl your booken’ it! How about trying a speed the team can keep up with!” called my best friend Cole. Cole happens to be captain of the football team and a straight ‘A’ student, and yet in the art of hallway walking he’s a school failure. I guess that’s one of the many reasons he needs me.

“Come on Cole! Let me navigate you toward our Home Room. I don’t think either one of us wants to be late, again.” Cole likes to pretend he’s super cool, and so he has to do the whole ‘gangster’ walk down the entire hallway of our privet school. I think it’s a total waste because one everyone thinks he’s already the coolest guy in school, and two it takes a billion times as long to go anywhere.

“Fine Alexa, I’ll step it up if you insist.”

“Now Cole, don’t give me that look! You as well as I do that we must hurry up, now quit with the puppy face, it makes you look like you swallowed a cow!”

“It looks that bad? I think it makes me look hot.” Replied Cole jokingly.

“Ha, ha, ha, very funny Big Guy!” I reply as we near the door to our first class. Cole sticks out his tough playfully, and like the gentleman he is he opens the door for me. I find myself thinking that this action is just another thing that attracts me to him. As we walk in we are greeted with the stares of half the class, but this time were only a minute late. Teachers teaching algebra; what an amazing feat, Algebra is a bunch of ‘lovely numbers and symbols’ that thankfully make sense to me. The one thing I like about numbers and math is there’s only one right answer, either your completely right or wrong. There’s no debate about how you did, no being partial to one person or another. Numbers are my friends, don’t get me wrong, think I’m weird, or start to believe I don’t have any “real” friends. I’m actually on the popular side, though, this in its self, I have learned over the years, makes entirely no difference to me. As long as I have my best friends, I’m content, I don’t need any special exclusive table to sit at, or a fake popular boyfriend to keep me occupied. I’m content with my life, and, more importantly to me, the people in my life.

Alexa falls in love with best friend Cole, but soon realizes he’s not up for grabs, things get rougher when she becomes his go to person for dating advice. She learns just how sweet he is, and decides that if she can’t be with him, she wants to have him meet the nicest girl, that she knows he deserves.
(This story is highly based on my good friends personal experience.)

on Apr. 18 2012 at 10:03 am
More is coming, this is only part 1