Life Starts Now | Teen Ink

Life Starts Now

April 9, 2012
By Megan1231 BRONZE, Olathe, Kansas
Megan1231 BRONZE, Olathe, Kansas
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

They laid there on the hood of his car. The sun slowly rose as they both watched it with a smile, sitting in silence as it only spoke the truth. Birds chirped and the dew dripped around them, letting the grass have its moment to shine as life was reborn. All that night they had held each other close, waiting for this exact moment. The stars started off the show, and they awed over every single one of them, letting the moon and the small twinkles illuminate the sky. Clasping each other tight, he knew no second that could have been as great as this one but somehow it managed to be as hours passed and here they were now. Nothing could have been more perfect then then. It was silent, it was peaceful, and no one was around to ruin that instant. And with the pink and red sky surrounding them, giving them endless possibilities, they had tears in their eyes. From here on, they could start fresh; they could be totally different people. From here on, he knew everything could change, and that was the thrill of it. Nothing could ever be better. And once the sun was done rising with in a blink of an eye, the girl he loved stood on her feet smiling as if she was just thinking the same thing he was. She looked him directly in the eyes and whispered, “Life starts now.”