Green Eye Reunite | Teen Ink

Green Eye Reunite

By abbylynnsmitty BRONZE, Snohomish, Washington
abbylynnsmitty BRONZE, Snohomish, Washington

"The only time you run out of chances is when you stop taking them."

I ran through the rain, trying not to get to class late. While sheilding myself, I saw you out of the corner of my eye. I could tell it was you instantly by your pitch black hair flashing into my vision. There was no one else in the courtyard, the perfect chance. I got a burst of adrenalin, I turned around and called your name. You heard me, and you turned around to face me.

"What do you want?" You asked, looking irritated.

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and spilled all the beans I had in my bean-bag of a brain: "I know you think I'm a freak...and I know you want nothing to do with me...and I know telling you this will just drive you farther away from me. But you need to know that...t-that I am in love with you..."

I opened my eyes. You were just standing there blankly, getting soaked by the rain; probably mortafied. There was a long silence, then I just sighed, turned around, and started walking away.

I could hear fast footsteps behind me. Before I could turn around, I felt a hand grab my shoulder and whip me around. Your face was inches away from mind. Your black hair coming down over your bright green eyes. I could smell the faint scent of your hair gel washing away in the rain.

Then you said probably the best thing I'll ever hear: "Do you know how long I've waited for you to say that? I'm so sorry I ever hurt you, you have always been the one for me...forgive me?"

I looked deep into your emerald eyes and saw that all that you'd said came from your heart and was true. I kept looking into your eyes and nodded.

You then lowered your hands and placed them on my waist. You smiled a warm smile, and gently placed your lips against mine. The most perfect kiss I'd ever felt. Your lips were soft and gentle, moving ever so slowly in the same pattern as mine. Everything about it was perfect. You were true, in every way. This wasn't like previous encounters, this wasn't fake and this pure joy wasn't going to end the next day, it was going to last. I then started to zone out and find my happy place.

I was snapped out of my trance when I felt your lips part from mine. We both opened our eyes at the same time. Your beautiful green eyes looking at me. We were just standing, getting soaked by the rain, my Toms filling up with water and your hat on the ground filling up like a bowl.

You wrapped your arms all the way around my waist, pulling me closer. And all it took was a whisper: "I love you..."

This was a random dream I had about a certain someone. I remember it like it actually happened in reality. His best feature was, of course, his big green eyes.