The Romantic Day | Teen Ink

The Romantic Day

February 27, 2012
By BethRose BRONZE, Traverse City, Michigan
BethRose BRONZE, Traverse City, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Have you ever had a crush on someone? Someone you would think you could spend the rest of your life with.

Well I have. My name is Bartholomew Roberts and I am still spending eternity with the one woman I love, Tina Harris.Tina has chestnut brown hair, dark and mysterious green eyes that look like forest at dusk and she has a soft, angels voice.

One day, after I finally had the courage to ask her out we went to this restaurant called Dons Drive In. We shared fries, a burger, and a chocolate shake. We talked for what seemed like forever and got to know each other a little bit more. Both Tina and I knew it was fate as soon as we looked into one another’s eyes. I finally gave her a kiss on her luscious pink lips, and I was at such a high, I wasn’t sure if I'd ever come down. After we were done at the diner we went to the movies. She picked the movie out and she decided to go see the Notebook. We ordered popcorn, candy and 2 pops, and went to find our seats in the dark theater, our faces illuminated only by the large screen before us.

As we were watching the movie she cried, and as she did she kissed me. I knew then that it was time to hold her tighter in my arms. When the date was over we gave our hugs and kisses goodbye. She gently kissed me and I kissed her back, knowing at that moment it was time to say I love you. I kissed her lips softly once more before brushing my lips against her cheek, making her blush until I found her ear.
“I love you” I whispered in her ear.
I never thought she would say i love you back, so I began to turn away a little disappointed, but she held my hand, even as I tried to pull away, she wouldn’t set it free. I finally turned around to face her, and i could see she was smiling.
“I love you too” she said as she chuckled, and turned to go into her house.

The author's comments:
I Spent a day Bartholomew and Tina did with my fiance.