Just a Walk Through a Field

We walked through the vast field, the overgrown flowers and weeds entangling our feet with every step. Six years earlier we had ran and tumbled through this same field, playing tag and catch. But now, things were different we had both grown up. Our pasts had formed our futures, and they were going in opposite directions, with no hope of ever meeting again. The only problem with this is that I’ve been in love with him since the very first day. Going opposite ways meant tearing my heart in two.

So we sat under the same big oak tree that we used to. The roots were prominently showing warping themselves through the ground. The leaves had turned a deep yellow with splashes of red. The day was perfect, with the sun shining through the branches. We laid out a blanket, and sat. Just sat. For a long moment, neither of us said anything. The silence was the overbearing pressure on my heart, ready to crush it. Then he spoke, one word, and it was enough to break me, “Goodbye.” I watched as he got up, put his hands in his pockets, and with his head down in sorrow, walked away.

-Ash- said...
Feb. 16, 2012 at 12:16 am
this is great! 5/5! :)