The Perfect Date | Teen Ink

The Perfect Date

By Savannah Jaspersen BRONZE, Cheyenne, Wyoming
Savannah Jaspersen BRONZE, Cheyenne, Wyoming

Samantha
His soft kiss sent warming shocks throughout my whole body. I sat there wishing this moment would never end. I had never been on a date that was this perfect, except for now. Everything about this moment was perfect. The thing that made it even better was that it was Valentine’s day.

Especially him. His bright hazel eyes, his short dark brown hair, his crooked smile. His voice is the only thing that could calm me down. Whenever he laughed I couldn’t help but smile.

I was lying against him; his arms were circled around me tightly.

“What time is it?” He asked.

I closed my eyes and sighed. It was probably time for him to go.

I pulled out my phone and was surprised.

“It’s only five.”

“Wow we still have like three more hours.”
***********************************
Cody

The bright sun shinned against her face making her glow like the moon.

I had my arms wrapped around her so tightly that I was afraid that I was hurting her. But every time I pulled her in closer she just smiled up at me. The look she gave me every time she looked at me made me feel like the most important person in the world. Every time I told her this, she told me I was the most important person in the world, to her.

I watched the sun slowly fall down, and then my heart jumped. I needed to be home at eight.

“What time is it?”

She sighed and closed her eyes. I knew what she was thinking. She then slowly pulled out her phone.

“It’s only five.” She said in a surprised voice.

“Wow we still have like three hours.”

I smiled and pulled her in as close as I could. I could see her smile, shinning bright against the sun, and she closed her eyes.

“I love you.”

“I love you too Boo.” She said sweetly. I loved it when she used my nickname.
***********************************
Samantha

He smiled down at me and pulled me in as close as he could, I smiled as I closed my eyes.

“I love you.” I heard him say.

“I love you too Boo.” I said sweetly. I opened my eyes again and saw him smiling down at me.

I slowly sat up so I cloud see him perfectly.

“What?” He asked as I looked at him.

“You are so perfect.”

“Pshhhhh. No I’m not.”

“Yes you are. I don’t care what you say.”

“If I’m perfect then you must be way beyond perfect.”
***********************************
Cody
She looked at me, giggled and threw her arms around me.
She pulled back a little and looked into my eyes.
“Wow, you have beautiful blue eyes.” I said.
She blushed and said, “Your eyes are better.”
“No way.”
“Yes way babe.
She lightly laughed at me and grabbed the sides of my face.

“I never thought I would ever meet anyone one like you. You are exactly what I was looking for.” She looked down. “Please don’t leave me.” When she looked back up at me he eyes were no longer the bright blue that I was looking deeply into a few minutes ago. They were sad, scared, and almost lost.

She looked into my eyes while waiting for my answer.

“I won’t ever leave you. I love you too much.” I said.

Relief washed over her face but I could still see pain and worries that clouded up her mysterious blue eyes.

“You may say that now, but what if you change your mind, or what if you find someone better? There are a lot of girls out there that are a lot prettier than me.”

“That will never happen. I think you’re the most beautiful girl I’ve even seen, and don’t say that will probably change cause it never will. I love you way too much to hurt you like that.”
***********************************
Samantha

The things he was telling me were making me feel better but I still had a sad feeling deep down in my chest.

“I’m sorry I keep doing this. I’m just scared.”

“Why are you scared?” He asked.

“Cause I don’t want to be hurt again. I know you say you won’t but that’s what every other guy said to me.”

“Yeah and every other girl I’ve been with told me what you have been telling me and looked what happened. I was hurt to.” He said.

“But you know I would never do that to you.”

“I do know that so you need to believe me when I tell you that.”

“I trust you.”

“Then believe me when I say I will never hurt you.”

I sighed and said. “I do believe you.”

“Good.”
***********************************
Cody

She sighed and said. “I do believe you.”

“Good.”

She softly pushed me to the ground and looked into my eyes.

“You are so beautiful.” I said.

She giggled and crushed her lips into mine.

She had never kissed me with such passion before. Her lips were warm and soft to the touch .One of her hands were cupped around my face the other had ahold of the back of my neck. She had a tight grasp on me, making sure I wouldn’t pull back. The thing was; I didn’t want to pull back. I wanted to stay like that forever. But then she pulled back to catch her breath.

“I love you.” She said before kissing me again.

I wrapped my arms around her and laid her down on a blanket.
***********************************
Samantha

He wrapped his arms around me and laid me down on the blanket. Through this process he didn’t even stop kissing me. He let his hand trail from my shoulder, up to my cheek, and he tangled his fingers in my hair. His other hand was resting on my lower back.

He pulled back a little to let me breathe. He placed his lips softly on my neck, pulled back and looked into my eyes. I laid there looking into his beautiful green and brown eyes.

I slowly closed my eyes and took in a deep breath.

“Why did you close your eyes?” He asked.

“I feel like this is a dream and if I open my eyes, everything will be gone.”

“Babe look at me.”

I opened my eyes and looked at him.

“See, it’s not a dream.”
***********************************
Cody

She opened her eyes and looked at me.

“See, it’s not a dream.” I said.

She giggled at me and closed her eyes again.

“Why are you closing your eyes now?”

“Just kiss me.” She said softly. She still kept her eyes closed while she said this, just waiting for my kiss.

I softly kissed her lips, staying there as long as I possibly could.

When I was with her, nothing in the world mattered except for her. Her kisses made me forget everything that was around me. There were no pain or tears with her, it was all just happiness.

I slowly pulled back to look at her face. I watched as her beautiful eyes fluttered open. They were bluer than the ocean, brighter and deeper than the sea.

I stayed there and looked down at her, a small smile started to spread a crossed my face.

“What are you looking and smiling at?” Her sweet voice asked me.

“You and your beautiful face.”

She smiled back at me and raised her head a little to kiss me on the cheek.

“I have a question for you.” I heard myself say.

“And what is your question?” She said, her eyes started to light up and sparkle.

“Will you be my Valentine?”

“Yes. Of course.” She said, smiled, and then kissed me softly and quickly on the cheek.
***********************************

The blue skies started to turn different colors as the sun went down. They stayed there with each other until it was time for them both to go home.

Valentine’s Day was the day they saw their true love right before their eyes and they could both say. This was…….
The Perfect Date.