The Ghost Beside Me

He was everything. He was the one thing that kept me going. He was my inspiration. Ever since that first kiss I knew he was mine, but now I know that I was so stupid to think that. When something finally goes good in my life, God takes it away from me in the most horrid way possible. I mean, just seeing him, pale, bruised, hooked up to so many machines to keep him going, seeing the pain in his eyes that he always tried so hard to hide. It hurt deep inside to see those first few tears fall, his voice a soft whisper as he spoke to me for the last time. He told me to audition for the show I had been rehearsing my audition for, he told me to get that lead role and show the world what I was made of. His grip on my hand slackened a bit. I had barely leaned close to his ear ans whispered as loud as I dared "for you, I'd do anything" I pressed my lips to his forehead and laying my hand on his cheek whispered "I love you." and, seconds before he disappeared from this world and left me forever, I heard a faint "I love you too." It's been a year now. After a long year of rehearsals and tears, it's time for my big performance. He wanted me to perform in this show and I had promised him that I would. So as I stand on center stage and see my parents along with his, I think of how a single relapse of Leukemia, could take the most important person in my life out of that audience.

1997soccercrush said...
I know right. I'm working on writting more of it and trust me Zxarra, you're my bestie and your work is much better then mine!

Zxarra said...
Hey, this Lyd. That is so sweet, especially the last line. It could use a bit of embellishment, but like you said its just the end so there aren't many details. Any way, I'd love to read the rest of the story when you write it. : ) PS Wow! Two comments (plus mine)and a rating this quickly! That's a lot better than I did! : )

Nessa13 said...
Jan. 26, 2012 at 7:42 am
This is cute. I'm glad she followed out with her promise. I think that this could use a little more details. Like no one knows what the two kids names are, and no one even knew why the boy was in the hospital. I think that it could have been better, but it is still cute. Sad; but cute(: write some more!

1997soccercrush said...
thanks. it's just something i threw thogether

Brit.B34 said...
:( Thats so sad but I really liked it