Misery

Pain, guilt, sorrow, and anger; white hot rage. That is all I have been feeling for the past six years, ever since the accident. I don't know why it was called the accident considering it wasn't one. Those boys shouldn't have been so thick-headed. I was only six years old when it happened, but I was smart enough to understand that my brother was gone, and that he had been murdered.

We had been very close, all through my life. i had loved him more than anyone, even my parents. When I lost him, I had felt helpless and bewildered. Who would have killed someone so nice? I still haven't gotten over it. My parents don't know what to do, they can't stop the unceasing tears and tantrums.

I can feel it overcoming me now. I am used to it though. It starts in my chest and climbs up my throat, burning me. It drives me crazy. My face flushes red with ire. A scream builds in my throat, and my legs become wobbly. I fall to my knees, and the scream escapes my lips. I am outside, and the cold burns in my throat as I breath hard. "Casey!" My father shouts in a rough voice. He picks me up and carries me to the car. "Lets go for a drive." I ignore him, and stare at the steadily falling snow outside my window. I press my hand against the window, and bring it to my face. The cold feels good, and it sharpens my senses.

BeyondTheBrooke said...
wow....im not sure why this is in the romance section but its a very good and VERY powerful short story. i think if you gave more detail it could be even better but this is still really very good