Goodbye Lullaby's. | Teen Ink

Goodbye Lullaby's.

By Once_upon_a_dreary BRONZE, Summerfield, Florida
Once_upon_a_dreary BRONZE, Summerfield, Florida

“Yes I love him. I love him more than anything else in this world and there is nothing that I would like better than to hold on to him forever. But I know it\'s not for the best. So no matter how much my heart is going to break, I\'ve got to let him

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.

I wish I could go back to a more sincere time, when you only liked a boy for his sixty-four pack of crayons, and when goodbyes meant you would see them again soon. Goodbye means Farewell, and Farewell means Goodbye. Sometimes, a goodbye or farewell can be subtitle; when you slowly grow apart from someone, it’s not too obvious. Other times, it’s agonizing, painful and deep. That’s the most painful goodbye.

It’s the nights you stare up at your ceiling, trying to remember what you did wrong, or the times were you lose hours of sleep, thinking about that one person, and how you have that tantalizing feeling were you are trying to figure out what happened, and how you wish you could just apologize for it, and make things right. It’s that feeling were after that word leaves their lips it shreds threw your body like a wildfire consuming everything, and destroying your very being.

Goodbyes are one of the most painful words a person has to hear, every soul dreads to hear that. It can turn a beautiful day, into a morbid nightmare. You honestly can never know how you’ll react to it, until it happens to you. Hanging on to a single thread in the fabric of time, remembering the moments we had together, I’ll never forget them. Letting go of all the pain and sorrow, it won’t be easy. But you have to. Letting go, isn’t always as easy as it seems, and accepting the fact that they said goodbye, is even more challenging.

Secrets held so dear, moments unforgotten, our promises unkempt, this is the end, the memories of us staying up all night, smiles painted on our faces, we will never forget. Once again, there’s that empty feeling you get when you feel so helpless. But now it’s time to say goodbye, and let it all end.

The guy i'm in love with inspired me to write this. It's been 4 months since we've talked.