The Last Message | Teen Ink

The Last Message

By BiancaBuitron BRONZE, Corpus Christi, Texas
BiancaBuitron BRONZE, Corpus Christi, Texas

It was my graduation day of college. I had just walked out of the packed auditorium, and was approaching my family when I received a text message. It was from Brad, my ex-boyfriend who I was talking to again. He told me congratulations on my graduating from college, but that he had some urgent news to tell me. He sounded so serious; I couldn't’t imagine what he had to tell me. I prepared myself to hear just about anything, except for what he told me. He simply said that he had recently become engaged…to my best friend. All of a sudden I ran from everyone around me, it felt like the whole world was spinning and I was struggling to hold myself up from gravity. I wanted just to fall and feel nothing. I felt miserable; I had to drive somewhere else, anywhere else. I somehow ended up in the middle of an intersection, my foot trying to press the gas pedal but failing. I look to my left and see a white truck coming straight towards me, and then all I see is Brad, but after that, nothing. My phone laid on the street revealing one new message, from Brad, “Just kidding! I will see you in a bit, I LOVE YOU!”