Still Not Ginger

They were laying side-by-side, palms facing up, hair splayed back against the grass and blossoms of white tangled in their curls. Two innocent teenagers trying to evade the boredom of the afternoon. They did this, of course, like every other pair of normal teenagers would -

discussing the current political situation of the Middle East, highlighting the finer points of the Harry/Hermione ship, and briefly discussing the latest season of Doctor Who, and whether or not the newest regeneration would finally be ginger.

Okay, so maybe it should have been clarified that they were nerd teenagers.

“Don’t get me wrong,” the girl said airily, waving a hand as if to decapitate any unlucky flies, “Matt Smith is great. But having a ginger Doctor would really spice things up. And probably increase the female viewer count by at least a few thousand.”

The boy’s eyebrows furrowed. “So having Rupert Grint’s ginger glory is going to rocket the show’s popularity a million fold? Are girls really that obsessed with hair colorization?"

The girl narrowed her eyes seriously. "One. No hating on Rupert Grint for his goregous locks. And two, not all girls. But if faced with the choice of, say, Rupert Grint, like you said, and Matt Smith, you know which one'd be flocked to."

The boy paused, as if suddenly concious of his dark brown locks. "Even you?"

"Oh, please. I'm not that shallow." A pause. "Okay, Rupert Grint."

A few minutes later, they were launched in a deep discussion about why most females were inclined to nail polish and designer bags instead of space-traveling Time Lords, the latter clearly being superior, with the boy subconsciously rubbing his hair - as if, upon begin disheveled, his brunette locks would turn into a shade of red.

drwholock101This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 21 at 2:13 pm:
lol! This sounds like my conversations at school with my friends! except i'm the only one in my group of friends who likes doctor who. Yay for Matt Smith! Yes, the doctor should one day be ginger!

Eli_Shartrain said...
Okay, this was just fantastic. And nerdy teenagers are obviously the best kind! :D And Rupert as the Doctor would be like a really awesome fandom marriage or something. XD Loved it! 

ChantelleK. said...
May 12, 2012 at 11:24 pm:

Haha, Rupert as The Doctor. I totally wanna see that happen.

I love this (and your television taste) so much. It's adorable. 

Pretzel..DreamThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
 Love it, The Doctor ought to be3 ginger next. 

Pretzel..DreamThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:01 pm :
Oh sorry typo that was meant to be "be"

AccioPencilThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I was reading this over (SOMEONE has to read it, right? :D), and I discovered the weird glitch of " &quot " with every pair of quotation marks. Honestly, NO idea why it did that. Hopefully it'll be cleared up soon!

G. replied...
Sept. 22, 2011 at 8:21 am :
Sometimes if you type directly into the website, I've found that when you type a ("), it'll do that sometimes.  It's just HTML code though.

On the other hand, that was fantastic writing!  Time Lords clearly are superior....

AccioPencilThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sept. 22, 2011 at 11:39 pm :

I'll have to keep that in mind for the next story I submit!

Thanks G!

Sparkora replied...
Sept. 24, 2011 at 2:36 pm :
One of my stories did that too! I was wondering why...and I copy/pasted it, I didn't type drectly on the web so I don't know what "G" is talking about...hmm. Your story is really cute! I love how intuitive it is, and how it's not outright romance, but sort of subtle and laid back, but longing. Good job:)

Oct. 28, 2011 at 1:36 pm :

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :D

I think this story says a lot about my romantic life (or lack thereof) and the sad amount of time I spend wishing for these moments. XD

Thanks for reading and commenting!!