The Greatest Thing Created By Man | Teen Ink

The Greatest Thing Created By Man

September 14, 2011
By freefly96 BRONZE, Destin, Florida
freefly96 BRONZE, Destin, Florida
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Riding in his car with the sunroof open, the windows down, and the radio blasting, summer could not get any better than this. With her feet up on the dash, Annie smiled to herself, knowing she’d never lose him, knowing that he loved her more than anything in this world. His smooth hand holding tightly to hers, Blake looked at Annie through his tinted sunglasses not saying a word, but Annie knew exactly what he was thinking. Some people say a picture is worth a thousand words but I believe that a memory is worth a million. As the sun was getting closer to sunset, they drove up that steep hill to where they first kissed, where they first fell in love.


Annie hopped out of his car with intense excitement, Blake watched her with a daze in his eyes, he watched as she ran her dainty toes along the surface of the creek, as she swept a soft strand of hair from her petite face, as she smiled at him from the shoreline. He loved her and he knew it. It wasn’t lust and it wasn’t friendship love. It was the kind of love that when you were with that person it made a warmness spread through your stomach, then to your arms and legs, eventually to your face making you smile a wide and genuine smile. The kind of love that made your toes, your fingertips, and even the tip of your nose tingle. This love made his throat close up and his heart race and flutter in excitement. As Annie walked back to the car to get Blake, he couldn’t help but smile that genuine smile.

Annie grabbed his smooth hand in hers and pulled her to him, she wrapped her slim arms around him and stared into his magical blue eyes. As he leaned down to kiss her she whispered “I love you” and then his soft, red lips moved against hers in an action to event the greatest thing created by man…this thing, was called love.


The author's comments:
This is for every and anyone who has ever experienced love.